Every single year

stgislander

PREMO Member
Knock on wood, I've been flying SW out to San Diego lately and have not had any serious problems. Typical stuff like planes late coming in or not being at airport first thing in the morning. But I've had those issues on every major airline.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Airports Forced To Hire Extra Security To Guard Thousands Of Stranded Bags From Sam Brinton

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For you consideration ...

There is literally not one single year of my life that Christmas flights being canceled or delayed because of bad weather hasn't been a big news story. Then they act like it's unprecedented - "OMG a historic number of flights canceled or delayed! Because, like, OMG, that never happens!!"

Comedy Central What GIF

#1, if you're the type of person who's going to freak and lose your chit because your plane is delayed or canceled, DON'T FLY AT PEAK TIMES.

#2, if your plane is delayed or canceled, all the screaming in the world isn't going to solve your problem. The gate person has no control over the weather.

#3, if you get too unruly you'll be arrested and NEVER make it to your destination.

I feel like I shouldn't have to tell adults this. Winter weather is a thing. It's always been a thing. It's such a consistent thing that it can be planned for. So don't act like you've never heard of winter before and it's just something Donald Trump came up with to **** with your travel plans.

I've always resigned myself and boldly hand my destiny over to the control of the TSA and the airline system as soon as I enter the airport. That way I see it as an adventure in and of itself, with all the unexpected happenings and delays taken as clues in a game. If one plans for chaos, or missing a flight, one can then navigate and enjoy watching the things that push other people over he edge, and just take everything in stride.

When do I get to complain about traffic? I was late because of Christmas Eve traffic, but no news story. Ain’t this this same? Air traffic?

I'm not sure about this, the class might have some input here, but I'm pretty sure cars are not yet really part of air traffic. So no. Christmas traffic is nothing compared to air traffic. I'm guessing because you don't have to wait at an air port, and can also just take a different road anytime you want to bypass heavy traffic. Unlike airplanes.

I actually love to fly. Take off and landing are awesome. Last few times the airport wasn't fun, but I can deal with that. I've been on a small plane a couple of times. I even jumped out once! Outstanding and I would do that again. My favorite: helicopters. Twice. Loved it.

I know right? Helicopters have that takeoff lift feeling that planes just cannot compare. Ohhh. And much bigger windows to see out of. Ohhhh. And you can fly with the doors open while flying nap of the earth at 150 knots while sitting behind a M-60.