Evicting the baby

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Club'nBabySeals said:
I'm going in for a scheduled c-section tomorrow,
Oh darn - if you'd done it today I could have shared a birthday with your kidlet.

Good luck! :clap:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Oh darn - if you'd done it today I could have shared a birthday with your kidlet.

Good luck! :clap:
I say, if for some reason the kid auto ejects before tomorrow, CNBSeals gets to determine karma rules for a day - as she birthed the second coming! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
I say, if for some reason the kid auto ejects before tomorrow, CNBSeals gets to determine karma rules for a day - as she birthed the second coming! :yay:
:lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
I had an emergency c-section, after trying to labor for about 10 totally painfree hours. The baby was in distress, which is why it was necessary to remove him as quickly as possible.

Although I can't speak to having a NON-emergency c-section, my experience at St. Mary's was totally great. The meds were administered at a time so that I felt little-to-no pain, and I don't even really recall a bad moment during my delivery.

I gots the cutest little baby boy out of the deal. :baby:

I wish you nothing but a positive and painfree experience, and a happy and healthy baby. :huggy:

ps: Bubba went to the doctors this morning, and at 10 1/2 months, that little chunky monkey is 25 1/2 pounds. He is so awesome.

You forgot to tell her to ask for T's mom.. She was a good part of the reason we had a great experience..

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
A little late, perhaps, but give some thought to medication ... specifically, epdiural vs. spinal block. I didn't have DQ at St. Mary's, but I did have her via c-section, and I opted for a spinal block because I couldn't stand the idea of something being left in my spine. :twitch: An epidural stays in; with a block, the area is numbed with a local anesthetic, then another shot containing the block, and that's it. Nothing stays in your back. I didn't even know they had started the c-section until the doctor said they were about to take DQ out. :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and advice...my pre-op was a bit rushed because every woman in St. Mary's county is having her baby at the hospital tonight, but a very kind nurse took the time to assauge a great many of my concerns nevertheless. I've never even had stitches before (much less surgery), so this will be a very new experience for me; however it seems like things should run pretty straightforward. Here's hoping...

rack'm

Jaded
Club'nBabySeals said:
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and advice...my pre-op was a bit rushed because every woman in St. Mary's county is having her baby at the hospital tonight, but a very kind nurse took the time to assauge a great many of my concerns nevertheless. I've never even had stitches before (much less surgery), so this will be a very new experience for me; however it seems like things should run pretty straightforward. Here's hoping...

:yahoo: :flowers:

watercolor

yeah yeah
I had a csection at st marys this time last year- and the only thing I can say is.. the acid stuff that you have to drink before- be sure to keep it down- try the best you can. Nasty nasty stuff.. but its better to do it once- than again and again. Also- remember- during your spinal, just to breathe. And if you feel a pain (most likely from them hitting a nerve) make sure to tell them, and the anethesiologist will quickly move it.

Another thing- just know that everything is ok! :) Its hard- but it is not as scarey as it sounds.

I had the side effect from the spinal and meds, afterwards of my nose itching SO BAD! It was quite funny actually. It felt like it was buzzing. but that was the only thing that I had a side effect with. :)

Good luck- and just know your baby will be here soon!!

watercolor

yeah yeah
And remember- you wont be able to have a solid diet of food until you pass gas. Fun times- but that is what happens. LOL! So be sure to pass gas when you can!

nicole_M

Just wanted to wish you luck today! I am guessing you are at the hospital now having your baby.

I have had 2 c-sections, 1 was emergency and my 2nd was scheduled because I was having twins and Baby A was transverse.

I had really good experiences with both. I had my kids at Anne Arundel Medical Center, but my 3 year old did have dental surgery done at St. Mary's and I thought it was a great hospital.

Good Luck!!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Club'nBabySeals said:
I'm going in for a scheduled c-section tomorrow, and I'm a bit anxious as I haven't a clear idea of what to expect.

Has anyone had a recent NON-emergency c-section at St. Mary's Hospital? What was your experience like? Any tips, suggestions, or words of wisdom to share?

My pre-op is this afternoon...are there any questions I should pose at that time?

Information is much appreciated. Thank you!

How exciting, never had a c-section but the fact that it is non emergency should make things more relaxed. Best of luck, having my babies was the best days of my life!!! Hmmmm, sounds like some corney song! :flowers:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
nicole_moreland said:
Just wanted to wish you luck today! I am guessing you are at the hospital now having your baby.

I have had 2 c-sections, 1 was emergency and my 2nd was scheduled because I was having twins and Baby A was transverse.

I had really good experiences with both. I had my kids at Anne Arundel Medical Center, but my 3 year old did have dental surgery done at St. Mary's and I thought it was a great hospital.

Good Luck!!

HAd my first cesarean at AAMC.. Awesome place... It was an emergency and I was terrified when I went in there. But it all happened so fast, I have no idea why I went through 30 plus hours of labor now. It was so easy. It sounds like St. Mary's is a nice place.. hope they have airbeds!!! It's all about comfort. :)
And after the tour of Calvert Mem. this past Sunday, I think I'm going back to Annapolis to have my second this coming March.
Hope all went well for you today!

nicole_M

Four*Leaf*Farm said:
HAd my first cesarean at AAMC.. Awesome place... It was an emergency and I was terrified when I went in there. But it all happened so fast, I have no idea why I went through 30 plus hours of labor now. It was so easy. It sounds like St. Mary's is a nice place.. hope they have airbeds!!! It's all about comfort. :)
And after the tour of Calvert Mem. this past Sunday, I think I'm going back to Annapolis to have my second this coming March.
Hope all went well for you today!

My 1st labor was a failed induction, hence the emergency c-section (after 20 hours), ouch! I LOVE AAMC. Great hospital, GREAT NICU. It was a given that I'd deliver my twins there, no other local hospital has a Level III NICU. Plus my aunt in the head of the ER so she knew my Dr.'s and nurses and could tell me if they were good or not.

I have several friends who have delivered @ Calvert with BAD experiences. Maybe it was the Dr. and not the hospital....But either way.

JMO's of course.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
My sincerest thanks to everyone for the advice and well-wishes...everything went beautifully with the surgery, and the nursing staff at St. Mary's couldn't have done a better job. It was a wonderful experience, and now we have a perfect little baby girl to show for it:

100_1054_2.jpg

100_1071.jpg

100_1084.jpg

Thanks again!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Club'nBabySeals said:
My sincerest thanks to everyone for the advice and well-wishes...everything went beautifully with the surgery, and the nursing staff at St. Mary's couldn't have done a better job. It was a wonderful experience, and now we have a perfect little baby girl to show for it:

100_1054_2.jpg

100_1071.jpg

100_1084.jpg

Thanks again!

What a beautiful baby!!

Congratulations!!