Excluded from neighborhood party

robinjones1

I was chatting with a neighborhood mom and she mentioned that she held a neighborhood bunco party last month. I was hurt by this since I wasn't invited. The rational side of me knows that I shouldn't be hurt by her unthoughtful comment however, I can't help it. I asked if she invited a few people that live across the street from me that she doesn't like. She said "we don't want those type of people at our parties". Then I said "I wasn't invited either". I have to wonder if she purposely tells me about these parties to hurt my feelings. How would you handle this?

J

jaybeeztoo

robinjones1 said:
I was chatting with a neighborhood mom and she mentioned that she held a neighborhood bunco party last month. I was hurt by this since I wasn't invited. The rational side of me knows that I shouldn't be hurt by her unthoughtful comment however, I can't help it. I asked if she invited a few people that live across the street from me that she doesn't like. She said "we don't want those type of people at our parties". Then I said "I wasn't invited either". I have to wonder if she purposely tells me about these parties to hurt my feelings. How would you handle this?

Sucks, but life is too short, ignore it. Have your own party :getdown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd say, "Let me know next time - I'd love to come play Bunco!"

Then she'll either invite you or blow you off. But think of it this way - if she doesn't want to be friends with you, you probably don't want to be friends with her, either. :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
robinjones1 said:
My neighbors are having a Christmas party, and I was invited.
Does that mean they like me?
I couldn't careless (Thanks Pete), but the ####### better have cold beer.

K

Kain99

No way, she told you this to hurt you! People plan parties all of the time and forget to invite people for a plethora of reasons. Vrai's right, express interest. You'll see...... This will all be ok. :huggy:

K

Kain99

I was lending moral support. My party invitedness is not the subject here. TYVM! :lmao:

signora

She said "we don't want those type of people at our parties". Then I said "I wasn't invited either". I have to wonder if she purposely tells me about these parties to hurt my feelings. How would you handle this?[/QUOTE]

What was her response when you said "I wasn't either"? It's really not worth getting upset about. Is she the type of person you want to become friends with or you just want to attend a party?

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Kain99 said:
No way, she told you this to hurt you! People plan parties all of the time and forget to invite people for a plethora of reasons. Vrai's right, express interest. You'll see...... This will all be ok. :huggy:

You'd think she would have apolgized for forgetting to invite after the we don't want those kind of people at our parties comment.

Better to forget the ignorance and enjoy the holiday. have a very merry!!!!

K

Kain99

flomaster said:
You'd think she would have apolgized for forgetting to invite after the we don't want those kind of people at our parties comment.

Better to forget the ignorance and enjoy the holiday. have a very merry!!!!
Not really, people are funny like that. She realized the oversight and froze. I see no ill will here. :huggy:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
It's my fault. I'm afraid I've ruined the Jones' reputation in the tri-county area. :huggy:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Kain99 said:
Not really, people are funny like that. She realized the oversight and froze. I see no ill will here. :huggy:

Then she will ensure the invite next time. If not, you can only try to be the better/bigger person.

K

Kain99

flomaster said:
Then she will ensure the invite next time. If not, you can only try to be the better/bigger person.
Somebody in here, asked a great question. Do you want to be her friend or just be invited. Great question to ponder. *Just in case things go south.* :huggy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
You girls are nuts. :lmao:

A guy's response would have been something along the lines of "Yeah? How'd it go? Did ya BBQ or order a bunch of pizza?"

Then on the next topic...

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Kain99 said:
Somebody in here, asked a great question. Do you want to be her friend or just be invited. Great question to ponder. *Just in case things go south.* :huggy:

Ahhh soooo, vert true grasshopper.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Lugnut said:
You girls are nuts. :lmao:

A guy's response would have been something along the lines of "Yeah? How'd it go? Did ya BBQ or order a bunch of pizza?"

Then on the next topic...
So true, but don't tell them how we think.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I'm not sure what Bunco is but I will be looking it up as it reminds me of Barney Miller. :whistle:

I am VERY sensitive to stuff like this IF I consider the person to be a friend. If it's just a neighbor and we've never been in each other's homes then no biggie if they throw a neighborhood party and I didn't get an invite.

However, if we have been good neighbors for years I would wonder why I wasn't on the list of invitees. Bottom line there is a reason why you didn't make the list of invitees but it may not be as serious as you're thinking. Maybe they were way older than you or more boring. :shrug: