Excluded from neighborhood party

abbey

abbey normal
robinjones1 said:
I was chatting with a neighborhood mom and she mentioned that she held a neighborhood bunco party last month. I was hurt by this since I wasn't invited. The rational side of me knows that I shouldn't be hurt by her unthoughtful comment however, I can't help it. I asked if she invited a few people that live across the street from me that she doesn't like. She said "we don't want those type of people at our parties". Then I said "I wasn't invited either". I have to wonder if she purposely tells me about these parties to hurt my feelings. How would you handle this?

What do you think of the other people that didn't get invited are they real problem people, or do you think she is just playing the neighborhood like it is a highschool party and excluding people because she doesn't think they are 'cool' enough, or they don't take care of their yard good enough for her? I wouldn't play into that game unless you agree with her about the other people not being invited but if you think that they are fine, maybe have them over and start your own bunko game and don't invite her :elaine:

mike44md

robinjones1 said:
I was chatting with a neighborhood mom and she mentioned that she held a neighborhood bunco party last month. I was hurt by this since I wasn't invited. The rational side of me knows that I shouldn't be hurt by her unthoughtful comment however, I can't help it. I asked if she invited a few people that live across the street from me that she doesn't like. She said "we don't want those type of people at our parties". Then I said "I wasn't invited either". I have to wonder if she purposely tells me about these parties to hurt my feelings. How would you handle this?

Let me know when the next party is, me and some biker friends love to crash a good party!