Exercise?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
What is everyone doing to burn a few calories during this winter layover?

I'm getting mine by jumping up out of my recliner every 10 minutes to chase the blackbirds away from the feeder. I wouldn't mind so much, but they fly in by the THOUSANDS and devastate the feeder. They now recognize a BB gun.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I'm getting mine by jumping up out of my recliner every 10 minutes to chase the blackbirds away from the feeder. I wouldn't mind so much, but they fly in by the THOUSANDS and devastate the feeder. They now recognize a BB gun.
The blackbirds got my butt out of the chair many times yesterday as well. My husband said I was being racist and prejudiced!

DaSDGuy

Go shovel the ice and snow off the sidewalk and driveway of the little old lady down the street.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I hate when birds think they can get a free meal at a bird feeder.
My mom says I'm supporting welfare birds on the dole.

And I also get fussed at for chasing the blackbirds away to allow the red ones all the free food. So yesterday I let them stay. Now the feeders are empty.

CRHS89

If the black birds only ate the amount that the rest of the birds eat it would be fine. But they eat so much. I can't afford to feed them.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My mom says I'm supporting welfare birds on the dole.

And I also get fussed at for chasing the blackbirds away to allow the red ones all the free food. So yesterday I let them stay. Now the feeders are empty.
My husband and I had a conversation when I was chasing the black birds away about "welfare birds" and I told him I'm not the government and don't have to provide for the freeloaders that expect and feel they are entitled to a handout.
I prefer providing for the chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, woodpeckers, juncos, wrens and finches. They bring me joy. Blackbirds do not.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

:lmao: I was just out chasing them, and heard a loud "YAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" from next door. And hundreds of blackbirds flew away from there. My neighbor was chasing them away from her feeder....