Extra Strength Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamins

sockgirl77

Has anyone ever taken these? My hair, skin, and nails are losing life as I get older. I'm freaking out as I get closer to 40. I do not want to look 40. My hair is starting to fall out in chunks and my skin is all blotchy. My once extremely strong nails are starting to get more and more brittle too. I NEED to do something before I end up a complete hot mess. We all know that I'm hot mess enough. :lmao:

Attachments

• 035710.png
    035710.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 465
Has anyone ever taken these? My hair, skin, and nails are losing life as I get older. I'm freaking out as I get closer to 40. I do not want to look 40. My hair is starting to fall out in chunks and my skin is all blotchy. My once extremely strong nails are starting to get more and more brittle too. I NEED to do something before I end up a complete hot mess. We all know that I'm hot mess enough. :lmao:

I take these. I like them. :smile:

Roman

I take them, but the only things I have noticed is that my hair grows faster, and my nails are stronger. I haven't noticed more volume in my hair though. It took about 6 months to notice anything different. Maybe your nerves from planning a wedding are making you notice hair loss, but get it checked out by your Doctor, because you could have an underlying thyroid issue. It's probably nothing, you're still a youngin!

sockgirl77

I take them, but the only things I have noticed is that my hair grows faster, and my nails are stronger. I haven't noticed more volume in my hair though. It took about 6 months to notice anything different. Maybe your nerves from planning a wedding are making you notice hair loss, but get it checked out by your Doctor, because you could have an underlying thyroid issue. It's probably nothing, you're still a youngin!

I'm on Synthroid which can cause hair loss, but I've been on it for years and am just now losing hair. As fair as stress, I stay stressed out. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

Someone once recommended taking pre-natal vitamins to strengthen hair and nails. My daughter, who is 40, takes some kind of vitamin for hair and nails, not sure what it is, I'll ask her and let you know.

sockgirl77

Someone once recommended taking pre-natal vitamins to strengthen hair and nails. My daughter, who is 40, takes some kind of vitamin for hair and nails, not sure what it is, I'll ask her and let you know.

Someone suggested that too, but they make me puke. I had to take 2 Flintstone vitamins per day (12 hours apart) when I was pregnant. :ohwell:

I'm 30... :lol: It's not like I am 17.
That's what I said.... use your fingers... no toes required.

There are vast aging differences when you are 30 and then when you hit 40 so a 30 year old woman's hair will be different for her when she turns 40. That's what Sockie is experiencing and that's exactly what I meant when I said your results from taking vitamins at 30 are not going to equate to results Sockie can expect at 40.

Nothing I posted was a dig at anybody... it was simply noting the repercussions of dwindling hormones of womanhood...:lol:

acommondisaster

My doctor recommended that I drink as many ounces of water as I weigh in pounds. I've got very high blood pressure and I think she's trying to keep my kidneys flushed. I'm not quite up to what she suggested yet, but I have noticed a big difference in my nails, hair and skin. I've never been a big water drinker, but I'm sold now. Bought an water bottle infuser so that I can have some flavored water and I'm drinking more water than I ever have in my life. I recommend it!

littlelady

God bless the USA
My doctor recommended that I drink as many ounces of water as I weigh in pounds. I've got very high blood pressure and I think she's trying to keep my kidneys flushed. I'm not quite up to what she suggested yet, but I have noticed a big difference in my nails, hair and skin. I've never been a big water drinker, but I'm sold now. Bought an water bottle infuser so that I can have some flavored water and I'm drinking more water than I ever have in my life. I recommend it!

Interesting. Thanks for the info! :smile:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I thought it was half your weight in ounces.

sockgirl77

I thought it was half your weight in ounces.
“It depends on your size and weight, and also on your activity level and where you live,” Nessler says. “In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day.” For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day. If you’re living in a hot climate and exercising a lot, you’d be on the higher end of that range; if you’re in a cooler climate and mostly sedentary, you’d need less.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/water-for-weight-loss-diet?page=2

punjabigyrl

While I agree with taking suppliments. I'd suggest that you get your Iron, Calcium, minerals like magnesium, Vitamin D checked sometimes you can be deficient in these and that is what is causing the hair falling. Could also be that you are hitting the 40 mark and your hormones are changing. I use castor oil( cold pressed and cold processed) in my hair in the evening and leave it in for 2 to 4 hours then wash if off. Just remember its a very thick oil so when you get in the shower put shampoo directly in the hair work it in then rinse with water it'll wash out faster rather than wetting your hair and then washing(you'll be in the shower for 2 hours getting it out). I do it 3 to 4 times a week.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

I have been taking these for a month or so now. I tried the gummies and it did absolutely nothing for my hair and nails. I take the 10000 mcg dose and a few a day. Not that you have to take that much but I have medical reasons for taking more. My nails I have to trim once a week because they have grown so much. My hair grew 3 inches and it is a little thicker. I mostly started taking it for my nails to get stronger and not lose chunks of hair which was happening. I am 44.