Votes: 2 7.4%
  • KC Masterpiece (specify flavor)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • My own recipe (specify recipe!)

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnjrval424

Okay - I'm fixing pork bbq for July 4 and want an opinion as to which barbeque sauce everyone prefers. I've used Kraft Honey for years but was thinking about trying something different. Cast your vote - but if you use your own recipe, please share!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I make my own most of the time, but in the commercial category I pick Sweet Baby Ray's original.

Here's a recipe for Neely's BBQ sauce and it's very good:

-------------------
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 30 minutes.
---------------------

And here's one for Georgia Mustard, which is excellent with pork:

-------------------
Georgia Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup mustard
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
salt and pepper

1. Combine the mustard, honey, and vinegar in a saucepan and whisk to mix. Gently simmer until richly flavored, about 5 minutes, whisking from time to time. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool before serving.

---------------------

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Sweet Baby Rays - honey BBQ - its a sauce with a soft spicy flavorr not ketchup-ee. Works great on Pork, Chicken and Beef. Great for kids, parents and grandparents who may have a sensitive pallet.

Cowgirl

The best BBQ sauce (or dip, as they call it) was from Cooks in Lexington, NC. That's a bit of a drive though. :lol:

johnjrval424

I make my own most of the time, but in the commercial category I pick Sweet Baby Ray's original.

-------------------
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 30 minutes.
---------------------

-------------------
Georgia Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup mustard
3/4 cup honey
salt and pepper

1. Combine the mustard, honey, and vinegar in a saucepan and whisk to mix. Gently simmer until richly flavored, about 5 minutes, whisking from time to time. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool before serving.

---------------------

These sound delicious! :drool:

ocean733

Sweet Baby Rays - honey BBQ - its a sauce with a soft spicy flavorr not ketchup-ee. Works great on Pork, Chicken and Beef. Great for kids, parents and grandparents who may have a sensitive pallet.

:yeahthat:

Sweet Baby Ray's is awesome!!!!!!

(Sweet Vidalia Onion :yum:)

limblips

PREMO Member
Okay - I'm fixing pork bbq for July 4 and want an opinion as to which barbeque sauce everyone prefers. I've used Kraft Honey for years but was thinking about trying something different. Cast your vote - but if you use your own recipe, please share!

For the real Carolina taste, it is Sauers hands down. Nick's in PR Fred has it. I use it on chicken and pork. Many great comments and requests for the sauce recipe!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

-------------------
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

---------------------

-------------------
Georgia Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup mustard
3/4 cup honey
salt and pepper

---------------------

Yum! Sweet Baby Ray's! The ingredients for Neely's sauce are very similar to what I use in my sauce!

Consumer Reports tested a number of different bottled and homemade, and this was what they considered to be the best. It's homemade. I've used it and found it to be really tasty. It doesn't quite smell what you would expect from a bottled sauce, but it's flavors come out during the cooking.

1 teaspoon crushed garlic
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 six-ounce tomato paste
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup light molasses
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 small bay leaf
1 tablespoon liquid smoke

Combine all ingredients except the liquid smoke. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer gently for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add liquid smoke, stir.

ServiceGuy

Darn you people are letting me down, I can’t believe no one here asked if we were invited to the Bar B Q? :drool: I say fire up the grill use all of them and we will let you know which ones we liked after lunch is over :whistle:

mainman

Set Trippin

-------------------
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

---------------------
How long will this keep?

johnjrval424

Darn you people are letting me down, I can’t believe no one here asked if we were invited to the Bar B Q? :drool: I say fire up the grill use all of them and we will let you know which ones we liked after lunch is over :whistle:

Okay - you're bringing your own pork for taste tasting, right? :whistle: