---------------------

And here's one for Georgia Mustard, which is excellent with pork:

-------------------
Georgia Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup mustard
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
salt and pepper

1. Combine the mustard, honey, and vinegar in a saucepan and whisk to mix. Gently simmer until richly flavored, about 5 minutes, whisking from time to time. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool before serving.

---------------------

:eyebrow: I think not.

H

HouseCat

I like Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, but I think I'll try some of these recipes.

R

RadioPatrol

Okay - I'm fixing pork bbq for July 4 and want an opinion as to which barbeque sauce everyone prefers. I've used Kraft Honey for years but was thinking about trying something different. Cast your vote - but if you use your own recipe, please share!

KC's Masterpiece .... is there any other :shrug:

actually Tony Roma's is PDG if you can still find it

Any of Famous Dave's Sauces

Last edited by a moderator:

johnjrval424

Well, it looks like Sweet Baby Ray's is winning at this point. Based on what someone else said earlier, I like that it is not spicy (we can't do spice here) and maybe a touch sweet (which is really appealing).

I've seen several types of SBR's sauces - I'm thinking the hickory/maple sugar? Would that be a good choice? Giant has it on sale right now so I might just run out and get a couple bottles and try it with chicken breast on the grill...I'll let you know the outcome...:popcorn:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
I like Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, but I think I'll try some of these recipes.

We've been using Jack Daniels lately and it seems to be pretty good. I'll try about any BBQ sauce and will always try the one that's on sale. I even like the sounds of Vrai's recipe but when I pictured her mixing this up with a cigarette dangling out of her mouth, it kinda grossed me out. Mabye the fallen ashes give it a little "bam."

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I've been perfecting my own Cowgirls Bucking BBQ sauce and it's all that I use. I make big batches and my son uses it on everything, he says it's bitc**n which is good thing?

Poohhunny1605

I voted Sweet Baby Rays Original!

Usually I buy whatever is on sale, unless I am making something that I like Sweet Baby Rays w/then I'll make a special trip for that...or I stock up on SBB when it goes on sale.

GopherM

Darwin was right
The best I have found is Head Country (for real) and it has to be mail ordered. They make it in mild, hickory and hot. We usually get a mixed case and mix the hickory and hot together to get the flavor we want. It is an Okie brew and is worth paying the shipping to get.

T

toppick08

Never underestimate the power of a white sauce.......Recipe to follow later.