Extreme Home Makeover...

C

CalvertNewbie

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried during this. It's not uncommon for me to tear up a little while watching this show but last night was the worst one yet for me. Hubby laughed at me a little bit, hugged me and called me hormonal. Then asked if he should turn it off or if I needed some ice cream. WTH, ice cream??!! :lol:

That house was unreal, probably my favorite of all the ones they've built. It was nice to see the youngest daughter smile when she saw her room. She looked so sad during most of the show. As much as I miss my Dad who just passed 4 months ago, I realized that I was lucky to have him for 34 years. Those kids lost their Dad and older brother way too young. :bawl:

GRN96WS6

I actually drove by the house a few days ago I'm up in CT visiting my grandfather and he lives 5 minutes from the house. On my way to the airport I may stop and take some pics of it. The solar panels outside are pretty big so I think they are offsetting some of the costs. The taxes on the home though have to be high as CT has high taxes anyhow. Its bigger then any of the homes it's around as well.

SoMDGirl42

I actually drove by the house a few days ago I'm up in CT visiting my grandfather and he lives 5 minutes from the house. On my way to the airport I may stop and take some pics of it. The solar panels outside are pretty big so I think they are offsetting some of the costs. The taxes on the home though have to be high as CT has high taxes anyhow. Its bigger then any of the homes it's around as well.

If your grandfather is only 5 minutes away, did he know the family?