eye twitch

terbear1225

so, the muscle directly under my eye keeps twitching/spasming. It's driving me crazy!!! how do I make it stop? and what caused it to begin with?

Toxick

Splat
so, the muscle directly under my eye keeps twitching/spasming. It's driving me crazy!!! how do I make it stop? and what caused it to begin with?

Could be a few things. My eyelid did that a few years ago, and I found out that I was over-training. Exercising too hard without eating enough food.

It could also be stress. Or a nerve problem.

Have you been doing anything different lately? If you've changed something, it might be that.

terbear1225

Could be a few things. My eyelid did that a few years ago, and I found out that I was over-training. Exercising too hard without eating enough food.

It could also be stress. Or a nerve problem.

Have you been doing anything different lately? If you've changed something, it might be that.

well, it's definitely not too much exercise! could be stress. the biggest change lately has been cutting out carbs because of the gestational diabetes.

jenbengen

Watch it

I get that from time to time. It'll last for a couple of days and drive me crazy. I have also had it in my knee. Annoying. I'm not sure what causes it though.

Crazy, this happened to me a few months ago and it actually lasted for over a month. I went to the eye doctor, found out I have 20/20 vision and he said it could be caused from either stress, lack of sleep and/or from my computer monitor. He recommended I lower the monitor so I'm not looking up at it and to get some type of glare screen for it. I didn't get the screen but I did lower the monitor. I actually had been going through some stress both at work and in my personal life around that time which has since been taken care of, at least with my personal life anyway :yay:

I'm happy to say I'm now 100% twitch free :lol:

Toxick

Splat
well, it's definitely not too much exercise! could be stress. the biggest change lately has been cutting out carbs because of the gestational diabetes.

Bingo.

Run this by your doctor. They might have to modify your diet.

It could also be too much sodium.

I've had a twitch that comes and goes, been with me about a week now. In my case, it's definitely stress.

terbear1225

Crazy, this happened to me a few months ago and it actually lasted for over a month. I went to the eye doctor, found out I have 20/20 vision and he said it could be caused from either stress, lack of sleep and/or from my computer monitor. He recommended I lower the monitor so I'm not looking up at it and to get some type of glare screen for it. I didn't get the screen but I did lower the monitor. I actually had been going through some stress both at work and in my personal life around that time which has since been taken care of, at least with my personal life anyway :yay:

I'm happy to say I'm now 100% twitch free :lol:

that's probably part of it too.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Fatigue could cause it.

My eyes would twitched when I was very fatigue. Also, stress from something could cause it.

Are you pregnant?