Facebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter Censor Capitol Hill Coronavirus Press Conference

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Public officials open the door to criticism when they run for, or are in, office. Blocking people or comments critical to them is not only petty and something China would do, but also run afoul of one of the core tenets of our Constitution.

The people he blocked, a lot of them weren't mere criticism - they were psychotic trolls making threats against him and his family and calling them filthy names. I know because I saw them all the time.

Most social media platforms do ban for that, but for some reason Twitter won't do it when it's directed at Trump or his 13 year old son. They will, however, sit your ass out if you tell someone on the Leftist protected list to STFU (I know because it happened to me).

But we are not talking about Trump, we are talking about a doctor being censored because she has a different take than the Democrat approved talking points. And with a monopoly like Twitter, Google, and Facebook/YouTube, that is either against the law or dangerously close to it.

They wanted to be these internet monoliths, and now they're using that power to censor free speech. You, as a libertarian, should be vehemently opposed to that. I note that you are not.