Fading a Scar?

SoftballCrazy

Does Mederma (sp?) really work to fade a scar? Any other proven methods that work?

The scar is about 3-4 inches long, below the knee, flat, about a month old, and still looks purplish near the top.

Thanks for any info....

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Does Mederma (sp?) really work to fade a scar? Any other proven methods that work?

The scar is about 3-4 inches long, below the knee, flat, about a month old, and still looks purplish near the top.

Thanks for any info....

Yes it works, but it may take some time. The purplish part is probably due to the trauma itself and is brusing inside and just needs time to fade.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Poke a hole on a vitamin E capsule and smooth it on the scar twice a day. Don't ask me how I know this.

SoftballCrazy

Thanks for the suggestions! I wish it had a fabulous story behind it, but it's actually a scratch from a sharp puppy nail, so it's a skinny long scar on the side below my knee...can't pass that off as rug burn...I can't think of a juicy story to make up for it. :frown:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Poke a hole on a vitamin E capsule and smooth it on the scar twice a day. Don't ask me how I know this.

Food Lion (atleast the one in Lusby) sells the "inside liguid" of the E capsule. It's called Sundown Naturals Vitamin E-Oil. I put put some on a Q-tip and smooth it on a scar twice a day.