Fake Fact Check - JOBS Were Temporary

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In a “fact-check” hitting Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), the left-leaning Washington Post admitted that President Joe Biden killed about 11,000 construction jobs on his first day in office by canceling the Keystone XL pipeline contract.

The Post gave Cruz “two Pinocchios” for his statement asserting as much, noting that the jobs killed are construction jobs, and therefore “temporary.” Because Cruz didn’t include that the jobs were “temporary” and not permanent, he was supposedly misleading the public, the Post rationalized.

In response, Cruz highlighted Tuesday that all construction jobs are in effect “temporary,” criticizing the Post for belittling the loss of construction jobs.

“Cruz cited a real estimate of approximately 11,000 jobs, but he left out that they were all temporary,” the Post concluded. “In the same report, the State Department said the Keystone XL pipeline, if built, would require only 35 to 50 permanent positions.”

phreddyp

All construction jobs are temporary , however the support needed for everyone of those workers from construction materials to food and lodging employ additional thousands. The post is full of crap !

Hijinx

WaPo is infested with complete idiots. But we've known that for a long time.

They aren't idiots , they know what they are doing they are accesories to the destruction of America.
And they are liars and biased socksuckers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Just like the rest of the country, COVID hurt us bad. We had a lot of projects canceled,” he told Fox News. “We’ve got guys that haven’t worked in months, and in some cases years, and to have a project of this magnitude canceled, it’s going to hurt a lot of people, a lot of families, a lot of communities.”

Texas Senator Ted Cruz brought up the fact that thousands of people like Crabtree would be without a job with this sudden stroke of a pen to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg who simply responded that the Biden administration was “very eager to see those workers continue to be employed in good-paying union jobs, even if they might be different ones,” but Crabtree made it clear that it’s not as simple as switching jobs.

“I don’t consider this a job, I consider it a career,” he said. “You spend a lifetime fine-tuning your skills and if you go start another job you’re starting at the bottom. I doubt that these politicians would like it if someone told them to go start over and find a different job.”

The Biden administration believes that what it’s doing is taking a more responsible and green approach to oil, jobs, and climate change, but as Crabtree makes it clear, their ideas aren’t exactly well thought out.

“I can’t understand how the pipeline industry has become the villains,” said Crabtree. “The American public doesn’t understand that by not building this pipeline, it’s not going to keep the oil from getting to the market. It’s already coming.”

“You can’t just flip a switch and go from fossil fuels to renewable energy,” he added.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
In that line of thought, are most jobs "temporary"? Who spends their entire career in the same job for their entire life these days? For instance, as a DoD contractor, I have been fortunate to have been employed since 1992/3 with 3 different companies. It doesn't mean I have been on the same program the entire time. Some "cradle to graves" are shorter than others. Then there are programs that continue for decades with needed support for years to come. Contracts are lost and people end up staying with the new one, or move elsewhere. :sshrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Who spends their entire career in the same job for their entire life these days?

Basically nobody .... we have guys here [ Local Construction Company ] who have been here 25 / 30 / 35 yrs ... but the younger guys fresh out of college or in their 30's are coming and going ..... I've been here 18 months and already a half doz or more I put through IT Orientation have left since I have been here .. barely lasting a yr ...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Basically nobody .... we have guys here [ Local Construction Company ] who have been here 25 / 30 / 35 yrs ... but the younger guys fresh out of college or in their 30's are coming and going ..... I've been here 18 months and already a half doz or more I put through IT Orientation have left since I have been here .. barely lasting a yr ...
Had I stayed with V-22, I could still be there. It was still in RDT&E when I was there in the beginning. 🤷

herb749

In that line of thought, are most jobs "temporary"? Who spends their entire career in the same job for their entire life these days? For instance, as a DoD contractor, I have been fortunate to have been employed since 1992/3 with 3 different companies. It doesn't mean I have been on the same program the entire time. Some "cradle to graves" are shorter than others. Then there are programs that continue for decades with needed support for years to come. Contracts are lost and people end up staying with the new one, or move elsewhere. :sshrug:

Govt workers .