Fallout 4 - After Action Report

BOP

Finally got it in my current game...short barrel and all. With McCready's perk, it's awesome!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Finally got it in my current game...short barrel and all. With McCready's perk, it's awesome!

my other Go 2 weapons

10mm that does Plasma dmg
Plasma Rifle - 50% bonus dmg to humans
Plasma Rifle - 25% faster ROF + 15 % reload speed

Spray N Pray - that explosive DMG is off the chain

BOP

I've got that Plasma 10mm, but I haven't really used it yet.

I have heard of the Pray n Spray, but haven't bother with it. I have heard of a sniper rifle that carries massive damage, plus whatever perks you have, but it's a random encounter in the Glowing Sea. Haven't spent enough time there to try and find it.

Speaking of the Glowing Sea, I was tramping back from Virgil's cave when I came across this shack with a trap door that lead to an awesome vault, strangely filled with some leveled synths. There is a set of power armor with a couple of pieces of the X-01 series (the helmet and the chest piece). I had my own set, plus extra pieces from a former BOS II T-60 that I took off an already dead BOS Knight (I changed the paint job), and I had Cherri with me. She actually makes a pretty good companion...well, except for this bad habit she has of stopping dead in front of you when you're lined up to take a snipe at somebody.

So I equiped the X-01 with the spare pieces and had Cherri climb into it (had to youtube to find out how), and off we went. I'd love to make that place my base of operations. It's in the glowing sea; nobody's coming to visit, no rads inside. The drawbacks are no sleeping facilities, no bathrooms or kitchens, and I'm not sure if it's safe for storage. I'd love to have a workshop in there so I could mod it to my tastes.

Next up: a rant

BOP

Rant Time

Seriously, who builds a three-level shelter with no facilities? They went to the expense of building that thing for what, a week or two of sheltering in place!? What the hell were the developers thinking!? That's something I'd like to see fixed in a future mod or patch.

It kind of ties in with an already-in-progress rant I was working on for another forum, which I'll paste below:
Oh, and provisioners: keep your fricking brahmin out of my fricking buildings! Seriously! I have guns; I will use them!

Side trip: between trips, I'm building up my original house in Sanctuary, and it's coming along nicely. Got the entire thing surrounded by the concrete and wood foundations, have the walkway on top of them covered up, starting to put furniture and stuff in, making it nice. The downstairs remains pretty much the way I found it when I came out of the vault.

I'm somewhat annoyed that people feel free to wander in and out of my house, even when I close the front door. The side door is inaccessible from the outside. I'm planning on putting in a workshop for my private use. Or I was.

What really torqued me off was coming home one day to Sanctuary and finding that trader chick's Brahmin IN MY FRICKING HOUSE UP ON THE SECOND DECK!!! SERIOUSLY???

So did what any ration person would do; I pulled out a minigun and mowed that sucker down. There wasn't enough left to make hamburgers out of. Then, before the whole settlement could turn hostile (I don't know if they do or not, but I wasn't waiting), I reloaded my save game.

C'mon, my character is female, she's lost her husband and her baby right in front of her, seemingly yesterday, she's found out she's over 240 years old, and it's been piling up. Plus it's that time of month, and there's a two-headed Brahmin IN HER ORIGINAL HOUSE THAT SHE SHARED WITH THE LOVE OF HER LIFE AND HER PRECIOUS BABY. What else is she gonna do?

So then I thought screw it, I'll move to Red Rocket and the only annoyance is whatever companion I have at the time. So I dismantle my house (with the Brahmin still up on the second deck), including the 47 or so deck foundations.

It was at the point I tried to move the stuff to Red Rocket that I found out I couldn't move building material between settlements; only raw materials. I searched the interwebz, but no help. All I can do is set up a supply route between Sanctuary and Red Rocket so I can make use of all those blocks - I'm tending not to put up walls anymore, with widespread spawning of Raiders INSIDE walls. I'm putting up weapons platforms instead. It's also less costly that way.

So I happened to see a video on youtube where the guy put up posts in the doorways of his buildings. People can get in and out, but the brahmin cannot - or so he claimed.

It's not true.

I have posts in all three of the doorways to the Red Rocket, and I came home one day to find a FRICKING BRAHMIN INSIDE MY BUILDING!

Hence my desire to move to the Glowing Sea where I don't have to put up with humans and pack animals wandering about inside my dwelling at will.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I just sit and watch my son play, and he is on like level 7 or so. I don't really pay that much attention to that part. He just defeated Kellogg at Fort Haskell and is trolling around with Nick Valentine and I've talked him into actually trying to hack the computers instead of by passing them. He tends to be a collector of stuff and his inventory ends up weighing him down to the "can't run" level. We (together) were working on getting electricity to Sanctuary with Sturges and Preston the minuteman and I act as his A gunner since he likes to walk in to rooms while looking at the floor and not checking corners or his 6. Personally I'd grenade every room before entering but that how I was taught so many years ago. LOLZ

Between reading about y'alls exploits and watching BlazedGlory (Gamer tag) I may have to allocate some controller time for myself.

BOP

Here's another rant: respawning

Respawning in this game is seriously messed up.

You would think that there were encampments just outside the playable area of the Commonwealth, with a Maître d sporting his own Pip-Boy. You know the one. As soon as you wipe out a bombed-out, burnt-out area, it notifies him, where in turn he notifies the next-in-line. "Okay, people! Listen up! Party of 12 - 15, we have an opening at Saugus Ironworks, no waiting! Come ON, people, let's go!" And BOOM, just like that, you go back to Saugus Ironworks where you defeated the Forged (wiped them out), and suddenly there's around a dozen NEW Forged, just waiting for you, complete down to the power armor the dead leader of the Forged was wearing, brand new turrets, and everything; sometimes the VERY NEXT DAY.

Has quality control in these games gone the way of the Dodo bird?

I cleared out the Mirelurk Queen down in the swamp (Murkwater construction site), built a place for the settlers (seriously, who wants to move to a place like that anyway!?), and a few days later, hello, I'm the new Mirelurk Queen, come to kill all of you, because that's what we Mirelurk Queens do! Again, respawning, which ensures she always has enough to eat, apparently.

BOP

I just sit and watch my son play, and he is on like level 7 or so. I don't really pay that much attention to that part. He just defeated Kellogg at Fort Haskell and is trolling around with Nick Valentine and I've talked him into actually trying to hack the computers instead of by passing them. He tends to be a collector of stuff and his inventory ends up weighing him down to the "can't run" level. We (together) were working on getting electricity to Sanctuary with Sturges and Preston the minuteman and I act as his A gunner since he likes to walk in to rooms while looking at the floor and not checking corners or his 6. Personally I'd grenade every room before entering but that how I was taught so many years ago. LOLZ

Between reading about y'alls exploits and watching BlazedGlory (Gamer tag) I may have to allocate some controller time for myself.

On my wishlist before the game came out was "multiplayer." It would be an awesome game for 2 people to play.

I tend to play as a stealth character, though with the AI companions, that's not always possible. They do tend to give away your position, especially early on. McCready is found a Goodneighbor, and he's basically a merc for hire. He's better at stealth than most of the companions, but early on, he still gives you away.

Along with the sneak perks, there is the ability to not set off floor based traps.

I like the grenade clearing method, but I don't use it much. In earlier games, you could often displace critical items in the room by blowing them into the gaming black hole. I'm starting to do it more because in this game, things tend to stay where they're supposed to stay.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Respawning in this game is seriously messed up.
Again, respawning, which ensures she always has enough to eat, apparently.

well I haven't had that problem, but the respawning FORGE Raiders are vastly annoying
... especially when I stop by 'The Slog' and my near by traders suddenly being come vulnerable, and I have to rescue them ....

seriously if I clear a place out, I should not have to go back for a few months to do it again ... how many times has Abernathy Farm sent me to SatCom Olivia