Family Pet Killed by Dog Pack in St. Inigoes

itsbob

I bowl overhand
let everyone know....

this is very sad that someone let their dogs get to this point.

(your pups would know what to do if they had to live on the streets)

probably some jackasses from North of the base that decided they didn't want their dog(s) anymore..

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
So, by some standards, letting your dog out, in your own yard, with out a leash is not taking care of them. What about those that have an invisable fence? You are taking action to keep them in a specific area. It doesn't stop other dogs from coming into your yard. Do all of you, with dogs, fence, invisible fence, tie-out, or nothing, stand outside with your dog the entire time its taking a potty break? We had a fenced in area and I let my dogs out early (5-6 am) while I'm getting ready for work. Is that being irresponsible? Just curious.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
So, by some standards, letting your dog out, in your own yard, with out a leash is not taking care of them. What about those that have an invisable fence? You are taking action to keep them in a specific area. It doesn't stop other dogs from coming into your yard. Do all of you, with dogs, fence, invisible fence, tie-out, or nothing, stand outside with your dog the entire time its taking a potty break? We had a fenced in area and I let my dogs out early (5-6 am) while I'm getting ready for work. Is that being irresponsible? Just curious.

:hangshead: yes.. i stand outside almost 99% of the time.. or by the door.

oh... and i have a fenced in backyard

:doh:

glhs837

Power with Control
If you intend to defend your dog against a pack, please do some research on how to fight off a dog or pack, and realize what that might entail for a small pack of even three dogs. As noted spray mos6t likely isn't gonna cut it, you need something to hit with, and know where, and most importantly, the mental preparedness to not panic and attack. Once you turn, you're done, once you go down, your done, unless some outside force intervenes.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I've seen two of the dogs in question on Grayson. They belong to the guy who raised his BB gun at the cops and caused a barricade a month or two ago on Grayson. Ones a brown pit and the other is grayish. I've seen them running with two or three other dogs up closer to Beachville/5 and Beachville/Mt Zion Church Rd.

Shoot em. :coffee:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
If you intend to defend your dog against a pack, please do some research on how to fight off a dog or pack, and realize what that might entail for a small pack of even three dogs. As noted spray mos6t likely isn't gonna cut it, you need something to hit with, and know where, and most importantly, the mental preparedness to not panic and attack. Once you turn, you're done, once you go down, your done, unless some outside force intervenes.

NEVER PUT YOUR HAND DOWN THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AND PULL DOGS AWAY!!!

9 out of 10 times a water hose is the best way to break up a fight.

tiltedangel

I fail to see the relationship between these two incidents :confused:
Unless you mean neither of you were paying attention to your dogs when they were attacked :confused:

i am not quite sure why you fail to see the relationship between these two incidents, when in the last part it clearly states that people are too quick to pass judgement on the owners, and how i was always out with my dog. so it doesn't matter whether you are right there or not something like that is going to happen no matter how many people are around. and i also wanted to say how sorry i was to the owner that this happened.

and if you can't feel what it is like in your heart, then you really shouldn't post.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I've seen two of the dogs in question on Grayson. They belong to the guy who raised his BB gun at the cops and caused a barricade a month or two ago on Grayson. Ones a brown pit and the other is grayish. I've seen them running with two or three other dogs up closer to Beachville/5 and Beachville/Mt Zion Church Rd.

today???? or seen them over the last few weeks

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
today???? or seen them over the last few weeks

Not today, I think the last time I saw them was probably three weeks ago. They usually stay in the Grayson Rd/Beachville Rd area. People have seen them on Villa too, usually south of Mary's Hope.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Thanks for the info G1G4. I'd hate to jump the gun with the wrong dogs - there are so many that run loose.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Weeeellll, the dog was "let out" which means it was strolling around the yard. If the dog had been on a leash, the owner could have grabbed the dog quickly and headed in another direction. Just another possible outcome, that's all. But, it really doesn't matter after the fact much.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Not today, I think the last time I saw them was probably three weeks ago. They usually stay in the Grayson Rd/Beachville Rd area. People have seen them on Villa too, usually south of Mary's Hope.

im sure A/C will be hot and heavy on this now!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
NEVER PUT YOUR HAND DOWN THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AND PULL DOGS AWAY!!!

9 out of 10 times a water hose is the best way to break up a fight.

Never suggested that, did I? And I'm not sure how much water would deter a pack attacking a smaller dog.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Weeeellll, the dog was "let out" which means it was strolling around the yard. If the dog had been on a leash, the owner could have grabbed the dog quickly and headed in another direction. Just another possible outcome, that's all. But, it really doesn't matter after the fact much.

catch 22......
let say the owner was out there with dog... if the dogs were working as a pack.... and owner had dog on leash and pulled dog to her and went another way.

most dogs that have a high prey drive and work as a pack will go for both of them...
....... you have a better chance to be attacked when you move fast or run from a dog that is that high in prey drive... and also when you turn your back to them.

now.. if a bird of prey came down to get it and it was off leash.. bye bye dog.. if on a leash it would only get so far.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Never suggested that, did I? And I'm not sure how much water would deter a pack attacking a smaller dog.

:huggy:...no no.. just letting them know not to....

you gave good advice... first instinct is to reach down and pull dogs apart.. (seen this happen many times, done it myself..... and then owner go to hosptial for dog bites from own dog.)

most dogs do not like water sprayed at them like that... and yes it would help.

air horns are also great to use during attacks...