Farmers Markets Calvert County

NOTSMC

Looking for someplace fun to poke around on Friday after breakfast. I looked up Chesapeake Bounty in St Leonard and that's a possibility BUT I'm curious about something. Can Chesapeake Bounty be seen from Route 4? I've driven through Calvert a billion times and don't pay that much attention. There's something off to the right of the main road that looks like it has a lot of plants fruits etc. Is that Chesapeake Bounty or another farmers market?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Looking for someplace fun to poke around on Friday after breakfast. I looked up Chesapeake Bounty in St Leonard and that's a possibility BUT I'm curious about something. Can Chesapeake Bounty be seen from Route 4? I've driven through Calvert a billion times and don't pay that much attention. There's something off to the right of the main road that looks like it has a lot of plants fruits etc. Is that Chesapeake Bounty or another farmers market?
No, it's right off 4 and hidden by a rise alongside the road if you're southbound. You likely can see it going northbound but it's still a bit hidden.

Natron0915

Yep. Right turn on 765 from Rt. 4 North. Most of the times I've been there they had a good selection of various stuff.

NOTSMC

No, it's right off 4 and hidden by a rise alongside the road if you're southbound. You likely can see it going northbound but it's still a bit hidden.

Yep. Right turn on 765 from Rt. 4 North. Most of the times I've been there they had a good selection of various stuff.
Good that makes things less complicated then. Do either of you know if there's anything like "junk" stores or antique stores that are not Grandma's Attic or Chesapeake Marketplace fairly nearby?

thurley42

HY;FR
You can see Bounty if you know what you're looking for.....it's a great place! Jake's Produce is as well! If you're looking to spend a morning, hit up Tettimers on the way to Jake's from Bounty all on St Leonard Road down to Broomes Island!

thurley42

HY;FR
Good that makes things less complicated then. Do either of you know if there's anything like "junk" stores or antique stores that are not Grandma's Attic or Chesapeake Marketplace fairly nearby?
Theres's also a few places in St Leonard proper that will tickle your fancy for antique stores......granted i'm not familiar with the two you listed so I don't have anything to compare them with.

NOTSMC

You can see Bounty if you know what you're looking for.....it's a great place! Jake's Produce is as well! If you're looking to spend a morning, hit up Tettimers on the way to Jake's from Bounty all on St Leonard Road down to Broomes Island!
Just looked at their Facebook page. Looks interesting thanks!

NOTSMC

Theres's also a few places in St Leonard proper that will tickle your fancy for antique stores......granted i'm not familiar with the two you listed so I don't have anything to compare them with.
St Leonards has antique stores or something similar to them? Not coming up on Google. I'm thinking breakfast at Dreamweavers and then on to a produce stand, farmers market, antique store, junk store. We like historic landmarks also if you've got some, getting pictures for a memory book before we both get dementia.

thurley42

HY;FR
St Leonards has antique stores or something similar to them? Not coming up on Google. I'm thinking breakfast at Dreamweavers and then on to a produce stand, farmers market, antique store, junk store. We like historic landmarks also if you've got some, getting pictures for a memory book before we both get dementia.
Yes they have 2, the Chesapeake Marketplace and Auction house is located at the circle and another is located a quarter mile north on St Leonard Road that just opened up. It's called "Retro-" something or other. I just noticed the sign yesterday, but had been out of town for a week.

Just south of the marketplace is the St. Leonard Poling House historical landmark.

NOTSMC

Yes they have 2, the Chesapeake Marketplace and Auction house is located at the circle and another is located a quarter mile north on St Leonard Road that just opened up. It's called "Retro-" something or other. I just noticed the sign yesterday, but had been out of town for a week.
I love Chesapeake Marketplace but it's too much for Friday. Looking up Retro something - sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

NOTSMC

Just south of the marketplace is the St. Leonard Poling House historical landmark.
So I looked that up and look what I found! https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=181827

NOTSMC

Retroasis. Comic books, 8 track, vinyl records, toys etc. I'm the wrong age group!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dowell Road

NOTSMC

Dowell Road

Thanks been there recently too. Maybe I went the wrong time of year but it's not as interesting as it once was.

StmarysCity79

They have the best Turkey bacon ever. Don't miss it

NOTSMC

Mandy Lee's Vintage Shop 136 Main Street, Prince Frederick.
Thanks - just looked it up - on the list.

It never occurred to me, but there's a LOT to do and see in this county, most especially when you have someone who's so much fun to be with...these last two years I've seen and been to more places in this area then I've been to in the last twenty plus years. My declining, dementia years are shaping up pretty nicely!