Farmstead Kennels

val2201

We normally use Indian Bridge Kennels to board our two dogs (they are amazing, love them!) but they are full up for this weekend. My husband made a reservation with Farmstead Kennels and I am feeling nervous about them. I've seen a couple old entries on here about them and was wondering if anyone has used them recently? The massive amounts of typos on their site and Facebook and the one response from them on here is freaking me out. Help!

val2201

Someone had posted a negative review and the response from the kennel was just really incoherent and horrible misspellings and improper English. Maybe I'm being too judgmental, but it freaked me out.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Why don't you pop in to the kennel in the next few days and ask for a tour? Then, follow your instinct about whether you think they are a suitable place to leave your dogs for the weekend.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Why don't you pop in to the kennel in the next few days and ask for a tour? Then, follow your instinct about whether you think they are a suitable place to leave your dogs for the weekend.

agreed. Also, did you call around to other kennels as well? Do you need more options?

val2201

I asked around (we are relatively new here and don't know many people) and was recommended to Countryside Pet Paradise so we booked there instead. I'm going to do a drop by there this week just to make sure.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I asked around (we are relatively new here and don't know many people) and was recommended to Countryside Pet Paradise so we booked there instead. I'm going to do a drop by there this week just to make sure.

I'm a huge fan of Chessie Pets. I actually just had to cancel Maggie's stay bc I no longer need them in a couple weeks, but they've almost always taken her last minute and do a great job when I have them groom her. She's extremely skiddish/antsy (breed characteristic) and she's very comfortable there. I know they've been recommended on here in the past as well.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm a huge fan of Chessie Pets. I actually just had to cancel Maggie's stay bc I no longer need them in a couple weeks, but they've almost always taken her last minute and do a great job when I have them groom her. She's extremely skiddish/antsy (breed characteristic) and she's very comfortable there. I know they've been recommended on here in the past as well.

hands down... they are the best!!!!

Urbanite

We normally use Indian Bridge Kennels to board our two dogs (they are amazing, love them!) but they are full up for this weekend. My husband made a reservation with Farmstead Kennels and I am feeling nervous about them. I've seen a couple old entries on here about them and was wondering if anyone has used them recently? The massive amounts of typos on their site and Facebook and the one response from them on here is freaking me out. Help!

Absolutely love these guys, it's a little out of the way but worth every minute of the drive for me since my dogs are like family , correction they are better than family LOLOLOL
Here's their facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/PerfectPetResort

MarieB

We were always very happy with countryside

How about using a pet sitter? You can have your pet taken care of in the comfort of your home without exposing your pet to other animals. I highly recommend Wags and Whinnies.
We used them last week for a long weekend and couldn't be happier with their service. The cost is reasonable and I'm sure it's comparable to a kennel. The peace of mind is so worth it.