Farrier costs...

fredsaid2

What are you paying for a trim, for fronts and for fulls and do you have a barn call fee? Interested to see what the baseline is. tks!

My_Beau

My horses get trims for $50 and fronts for $95. No idea what a full set is because none of mine have them all around. No farm call fee :)

spellbound

I pay something like $185 for one horse with shoes all around, and one trim. I don't know what the breakdown is, but I think I was paying $65 when they were both trims.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Paying $100 for Aluminum on the fronts and barefoot in the hind. If I go to steal it would be $90 for fronts. Not sure what all four would be.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I pay $40 per trim and no barn/farm call fee. That is for 4 horses for me and 1 for my sister done all together. I don't know what my sister pays for her other horse to have front shoes. That horse is on a seperate schedule but I know there is still no barn/farm call fee even though he comes out just for that horse. :howdy:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I pay $25 for trims. I don't shoe any of my guys (4 horses, 2 donkeys) but I did have a horse that needed front shoes and that was $75 if I remember correctly.

lovemyber135

Just curious, why are you paying for studs?

some of the horses like to rip their shoes off...i dont use them some of the other girls at my barn use them...ive never heard them be called studs before lol...the shoes we use are also aluminum(just saying)

devinej

maybe you mean clips? studs are the metal things you put on teh bottom of the shoe for better grip in wet/grassy terrain

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
In the winter he gets better traction with the studs. Also he goes fox hunting and the studs help with the questionable footing.

But, you do take the studs out and plug them when you're not hunting right? They really shouldnt stay in and cause a lot of problems if they're left in. Also, winters here are pretty dry and hard, not really stud footing. Though our springs can be pretty sloppy.

Oh and there are road studs too but unless you're riding on pavement I assume you're not using them. :)