Farrier costs...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
But, you do take the studs out and plug them when you're not hunting right? They really shouldnt stay in and cause a lot of problems if they're left in. Also, winters here are pretty dry and hard, not really stud footing. Though our springs can be pretty sloppy.

Oh and there are road studs too but unless you're riding on pavement I assume you're not using them. :)

No they are attached to the shoes. They are more like boriums that are used in the winter time up in Mass/Maine. Since we had so much snow he was able to go out all winter because of having them on. He also can not go barefoot due to other issues. I had less problems with his back in the spring this year than pervious years. We atttribute it to the fact he had the boriums on and didn't throw his back out.

Horseshoes for Winter Riding on snow and ice

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I just paid $90 for a trim and fronts. I was quotes $145 for a trim and 4 shoes. No barn call.

Holy cow! Who do you use?!

Mike Morris. My mare stays in VA at the trainers. This is also for a QH farrier. He does outstanding work and I think he is worth every penny my mares feet are in incredible shape

Last edited:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Mike Morris. My mare stays in VA at the trainers. This is also for a QH farrier. He does outstanding work and I think he is worth every penny my mares feet are in incredible shape

:faint: Dang thats a lot of money for aluminium. But if he's good, then Im sure its worth every cent. Good farriers are hard to come by and are worth their weight in gold!