Farrier?

chelseah

My trainer and i work with Shumacher but hes going WAY up in prices; every week its up 10 more bucks & irresponsible with the trimming/shoeing dates, he does the whole "i'll do half this time and then the other half of the herd another time" and then comes out months later.
Quinn and i worked together but i had enough of him. He blammed me for being irresponsible when he didnt come out the date he scheduled me and i was there waiting for him for 5 hours.

Im just looking for a farrier that will go to Leonardtown and do my horses feet that has a good reputation and is good at pricing.

chelseah

Ive know him for quite a while and used Richard for the longesttttt time but something happend a few years ago with my phone and i lost his number and no one uses him that i know anymore. He was veryyy nice to my pony and reliable. Thanks for his number.
Because im going to look at a thoroughbred on sunday, and if all goes well im getting him and hes due for a trim tomorrow but next farrier call if i do get him im gona try richard.
do you know what his price ranges are these days for a trim?
and shoes if i ever need them?

chelseah

okay thats not bad at all. the recent farriers that ive worked with change their prices up to 40-50 dollars for trim every week.
its rediculous.

devinej

just look outside of southern maryland and you will find that is low average...in the wider horse world...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I use Quint for trims and Richard V for shoes..I have never pad problem with either when it comes to schedules..

spellbound

I have been using Richard V for years. $30 for a trim last time he was here.
I was surprised he hadn't raised his prices due to fuel costs.

FrmGrl

Get some!
I like Richard too. Does a nice job but to be fair he is usually late. He comes, just later:lmao: But he is the only one who does not make my mare sore and does a nice job and yes he is cheap!

Robin

Richard Victor is great, He does a fantastic job. I will not use anyone else. He schedules his appointments around my time when its convient for me. He might run late but its better than a lame horse. Esp one that is cut too short or un -even. He keeps my horse balanced and takes his time with her. She wears all fours and different weights front and back. He never rushes on any of them and he trims and shoes 7 at my place.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
When did he become a farrier?

I don't know... I assume pretty recently. I know he has been trimming with another farrier for a while. I just met him this summer and gone riding w/him a few times, he was at my nieghbors trimming her horses this past week. Nice nice guy.

Robin

I don't know... I assume pretty recently. I know he has been trimming with another farrier for a while. I just met him this summer and gone riding w/him a few times, he was at my nieghbors trimming her horses this past week. Nice nice guy.

I haven't spoke to Jay in a while, I know he was trailing around with Rod Tozzi. He was picking up some trims here and there. Did he finally go to Farrier school I know he talked about it, or just picking up clients. He is a busy guy. Big family and a full time regular job, and training horses. I am surpriised he has time for 50 more trim clients.

Robin

My trainer and i work with Shumacher but hes going WAY up in prices; every week its up 10 more bucks & irresponsible with the trimming/shoeing dates, he does the whole "i'll do half this time and then the other half of the herd another time" and then comes out months later.
Quinn and i worked together but i had enough of him. He blammed me for being irresponsible when he didnt come out the date he scheduled me and i was there waiting for him for 5 hours.

Im just looking for a farrier that will go to Leonardtown and do my horses feet that has a good reputation and is good at pricing.

Last I talked to Ben, about a week ago, He was going to re-locate in Virginia and work cows with his buddy. I am surprised he is still here. He did this a few years ago, and left alot of clients without a farrier, never even called them to give them the opportunity to find another farrier before he decided to change jobs. He is young, and irresponsible to his clients. Sad thing is his parents did not raise him this way, it must be hormones and still needing to grow up some. He likes to burn bridges.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Last I talked to Ben, about a week ago, He was going to re-locate in Virginia and work cows with his buddy. I am surprised he is still here. He did this a few years ago, and left alot of clients without a farrier, never even called them to give them the opportunity to find another farrier before he decided to change jobs. He is young, and irresponsible to his clients. Sad thing is his parents did not raise him this way, it must be hormones and still needing to grow up some. He likes to burn bridges.

One day those bridges will bite him in the arse. Yes he needs to grow up.....and take responsibility.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
I haven't spoke to Jay in a while, I know he was trailing around with Rod Tozzi. He was picking up some trims here and there. Did he finally go to Farrier school I know he talked about it, or just picking up clients. He is a busy guy. Big family and a full time regular job, and training horses. I am surpriised he has time for 50 more trim clients.

YEs, that's the name, Rod Tozzi.. he trims GVF's horses. Jay is super busy... always something- but he's done wonders with my nieghbor's mare. I'm sending my colt as soon as he can take him. I am so impressed with his confidence and energy. Plus he's a blast to ride with.

Robin

YEs, that's the name, Rod Tozzi.. he trims GVF's horses. Jay is super busy... always something- but he's done wonders with my nieghbor's mare. I'm sending my colt as soon as he can take him. I am so impressed with his confidence and energy. Plus he's a blast to ride with.

Jay is a jack of all trades:lmao: The true horse whisperer, if that dont work a come to Jesus will. Hes crazy enough to get on anything. bold and cockey:lmao: He does enjoy it.