Farrier?

TheresaHayes

Recommending Farrier

I just changed my farrier who can fit my new horse with shoes.
He is extremely reasonable ($) that I actually pay him what I've been paying in the past! Feel guilty.

He does great work on my draft horse down to my miniature.
His name is Jay Horton and you should give him a try. You don't even have to be there for him. Of course, my horses are all angels.

Tell him his favorite horse's owner told you. His favorite horse is Munchie (Munchkin).

Jay's Tel. No. 301/904-3386

fredsaid2

I just changed my farrier who can fit my new horse with shoes.
He is extremely reasonable ($) that I actually pay him what I've been paying in the past! Feel guilty.

He does great work on my draft horse down to my miniature.
His name is Jay Horton and you should give him a try. You don't even have to be there for him. Of course, my horses are all angels.

Tell him his favorite horse's owner told you. His favorite horse is Munchie (Munchkin).

Jay's Tel. No. 301/904-3386

He's a busy guy! Where did he find time to go to Farrier school?

lovemyber135

My trainer and i work with Shumacher but hes going WAY up in prices; every week its up 10 more bucks & irresponsible with the trimming/shoeing dates, he does the whole "i'll do half this time and then the other half of the herd another time" and then comes out months later.
Quinn and i worked together but i had enough of him. He blammed me for being irresponsible when he didnt come out the date he scheduled me and i was there waiting for him for 5 hours.

Im just looking for a farrier that will go to Leonardtown and do my horses feet that has a good reputation and is good at pricing.

my farm uses spencer bottoms...he travels from north carolina every week...30 for a trim...125 all four...75 two fronts...he fixed my friends horses feet! hes amazing and really nice and patient...heres his number...252-230-7512

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
my farm uses spencer bottoms...he travels from north carolina every week...30 for a trim...125 all four...75 two fronts...he fixed my friends horses feet! hes amazing and really nice and patient...heres his number...252-230-7512

:yay: I highly recommend Spencer! He did all of my horses while they were at home. Great guy & farrier!

mingiz

Horse Poor
There's a young farrier that is new to the county. His name is Brandon Martin. I have used him for awhile now and he has been on time and seems to be ok. I haven' t lost a shoe or had any soreness from being trimmed short. He charged 30 for trims and I think it was 125 for 4 shoes. Don't have his number with me.

wkhoof

farrier
Wayne has been doing horses in So. Md. since 1976, he works in So. P.G, Saint Mary's, Charles, Calvert and A.A. Wayne has been around horses horses all of his life, Jake Harmon was his farrier when he was young. Wayne graduated from the Oklahoma Horseshoeing School in 1976 and has been working with horses full time since then.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Wayne has been doing horses in So. Md. since 1976, he works in So. P.G, Saint Mary's, Charles, Calvert and A.A. Wayne has been around horses horses all of his life, Jake Harmon was his farrier when he was young. Wayne graduated from the Oklahoma Horseshoeing School in 1976 and has been working with horses full time since then.

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?

wkhoof

farrier
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?
Wayne doesn't do the internet, I'm his wife and I was doing a search and found Wayne's name mentioned a few times on here, so I wanted to let people know that Wayne IS still shoeing. Has not retired,died, moved away, quit etc.

Heather520

not that good

I haven't spoke to Jay in a while, I know he was trailing around with Rod Tozzi. He was picking up some trims here and there. Did he finally go to Farrier school I know he talked about it, or just picking up clients. He is a busy guy. Big family and a full time regular job, and training horses. I am surpriised he has time for 50 more trim clients.

not to be mean its lik you said Jay is nice but he is not paitient with horses and rushes most of the time. The past few times he's cut my horses to low. He doesn't give lessons anymore but still trains horses but not with manners thats for sure! I got the number for some1 else to try but im looking for a really good one. Jay hasnt went to farrier school he learned it from his trainer. Jay is really good for horsesthat stand there and don't care but like my paint doesn't stand still unless i have his feet & jay hates him because he doesn't have patients. Now my paint is a rescue and doesn't really care for men but loves the one guy at our barn :D . Almost all the horses he does hates him. I know 2 of my horses hate him. :whistle:

Robin

not to be mean its lik you said Jay is nice but he is not paitient with horses and rushes most of the time. The past few times he's cut my horses to low. He doesn't give lessons anymore but still trains horses but not with manners thats for sure! I got the number for some1 else to try but im looking for a really good one. Jay hasnt went to farrier school he learned it from his trainer. Jay is really good for horsesthat stand there and don't care but like my paint doesn't stand still unless i have his feet & jay hates him because he doesn't have patients. Now my paint is a rescue and doesn't really care for men but loves the one guy at our barn :D . Almost all the horses he does hates him. I know 2 of my horses hate him. :whistle:

Jay is very active, on the go all the time.

Heather520

I don't know... I assume pretty recently. I know he has been trimming with another farrier for a while. I just met him this summer and gone riding w/him a few times, he was at my nieghbors trimming her horses this past week. Nice nice guy.
he's being doing farriering for a long time now. he does my horses and not to be mean but does a ok job but he has no patients at all special with my rescue. He's also cut my horses to short. I'm going to try a differnt farrier just because of it and the way he talks about my horses and treats them :bawl:

i hate to let him go because he's a nice guy bc he runs the barn were i board but :/

fredsaid2

he's being doing farriering for a long time now. he does my horses and not to be mean but does a ok job but he has no patients at all special with my rescue. He's also cut my horses to short. I'm going to try a differnt farrier just because of it and the way he talks about my horses and treats them :bawl:

i hate to let him go because he's a nice guy bc he runs the barn were i board but :/

What does he charge for a trim?