Farriers....again!

erinjograves

Im sure there is a thread on here somewhere that lists all the farriers and/or reccomendations of farriers. The farrier we were using moved out west, we started using another farrier...not so happy. Every horse we have went dead lame.

So, anyone have any good suggestions on farriers that dont charge an arm and a leg to travel to Nanjemoy?

Thanks! :buddies:

Hoover

Tina Entizian

443-532-4370 she lives in Indian Head - A Healthy Hoof - I love her and so do my horses.

Tell her Karen LeValley sent you.

nutz

Im sure there is a thread on here somewhere that lists all the farriers and/or reccomendations of farriers. The farrier we were using moved out west, we started using another farrier...not so happy. Every horse we have went dead lame.

So, anyone have any good suggestions on farriers that dont charge an arm and a leg to travel to Nanjemoy?

Thanks! :buddies:
You miss using Jim Miller too?

duchess1

While on that subject, has anyone ever used Tim Gray? I just picked up one of his cards today at Elam's. I'm thinking about switching farriers myself.

I

ilovemyappy

Ditto on Tina. Fantastic farrier, reliable and dependable. She helped me get my mare sound again. Been using her for the past four years and have never had a complaint. Good luck!

TheClash

While on that subject, has anyone ever used Tim Gray? I just picked up one of his cards today at Elam's. I'm thinking about switching farriers myself.

Tim is GREAT! I absolutely love him. He explains everything he does and the reasoning behind it. I tried a different farrier and then switched to him and have been extremely happy with his work

Spicober

We too are missing Jim :bawl:

However I had Tina out and she was on time, reliable, and my ponies did well with her. :howdy:

erinjograves

To be honest...we used Tina last. Every horse we have went dead lame. She was super nice, great with the horses and Mom says she knows her from the shop. She isnt a bad person and we really liked her personally. We just were a little concerned because all of the horses went lame.

Yes, we miss Jim IMMENSLY! Mom says if she ever talks to him again she is giving him the riot act for leaving! LOL! We understand why he left and believe me when I say I would have done the same thing.

I think at this point we will just have Tina continue and just have her not cut them so close. Maybe even just rasp them.

Thanks guys! Where did all the farriers go anyway???

nutz

Last I heard Jim was having a tough time. His truck/horse trailer broke down on the way out. roadside and horses is never a happy thing. He switched phone numbers, but now that doesn't work. Emailed him a couple weeks ago and no response yet. Hopefully, he's out playing with those Iowa deer he missed so much :dye:

erinjograves

Yeah we had heard he broke down out there as well. Poor guy had a rough start to things. I havent heard a peep from him either. I hope everything is ok!

Hoover

Tina is great my 2 horses love her. Yes she cuts a little tight but my OTTB was with front clips and now is barefoot in 6 months. Cant say anything but good things about her.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I had used Jim for 10 years with no problems. But after he left I started using Tina. The hooves are staying in better shape through the whole time between trims and my chiro commented on how much better my horse's feet looked in regards to break over, angle and levelness.

horsegirl

We use Brandon Martin. He is always on time, Patient with our horses and does a great job.........I would recommend him over anyone out there. His number is 410-255-2026.
We used to use Tina but had the same issue with our horses being lame the day after she trimmed them even after we told her not to cut them so close.
We tried her multiple times and where unsatisfied with her work each time.
We have been using Brandon since he came here highly recommend him!!!!.

nutz

I've met him. Very nice, young guy. First farrier I've seen using a minivan for work! Neat setup and well organized.

horsegirl

I've met him. Very nice, young guy. First farrier I've seen using a minivan for work! Neat setup and well organized.

lol yeah when he first started out here. He now has a nice well stocked organized truck. I miss him showing up in the mini van!! lol :1bdz:

Heather520

Yes!

Hi yes I use Tim Gray and he is amazing with my horses! hes very patient and not going to break your bank! All 3 of my horses go to him and I have a rescue that use to try to kill the farrier and ever sence tim started doing him my rescue does not care he stands there. He talks to the horse and calms them down and WILL NOT hit the horse! so thts always a bonus :). USE HIM U WONT REGRET IT! :dye: