St. Mary's Co. Fatal Pedestrian Collision in Lexington Park Under Investigation

With over 120 years of experience, their team of lawyers and experienced legal support professionals work to help you in a time of legal need.
On Friday, Aug. 21, 2020, at approximately 11:46 pm, St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to the area of Three Notch Road and Copeland Lane in Lexington Park for the report of a serious motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian. Officers arrived on scene and due to the severity of the injuries to the pedestrian, members of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit were contacted.

Preliminary investigation determined that a 2011 Kia Sorento operated by Alexandria Rene Labore, 21 of St. Inigoes, was traveling southbound on Three Notch Road when the vehicle struck the pedestrian, John Paul Miles III, 50 of Lexington Park, who had been standing in the roadway. Miles was pronounced deceased on the scene by St. Mary’s emergency medical personnel. There were no reported injuries to the driver.

At this time, speed and alcohol do not appear to be contributing factors on the part of the driver.

Anyone with additional information about the collision is asked to contact Cpl. Sheena Tirpak at sheena.tirpak@stmarysmd.com or call 301-475-4200, ext. 78051.

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

BernieP

Resident PIA
WTF is someone doing standing in the road on 235. We paid for perfectly good sidewalks.
I feel extremely sorry for the young lady. I'm sure she has been traumatized.

glhs837

Power with Control
WTF is someone doing standing in the road on 235. We paid for perfectly good sidewalks.

Down that stretch of 235 aint no sidwalks, just breakdown lanes. Note it says no sign of alcohol on the part of the driver.....

Escalade14

Go Rams!
To some people, sidewalks are just like brains - they exist for a reason, but people choose not to use them.