Favorite restaurants with 20 minutes of Solomon’s?

Stjohns3269

We came from Hagerstown. There were some good ethnic places near us. Mom and Pop places we frequented but it was mostly chains which we try to avoid if possible.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Calvert:
  • CD Cafe
  • Island Hideaway
  • The Lighthouse Inn
  • Charles Street Brasserie
  • Lotus Kitchen
  • Ruddy Duck
St. Mary's:
  • Bollywood
  • The Front Porch
  • Plaza Tolteca
  • Okada
  • Blue Wind
  • Kevin's Corner Kafe
Not sold on Island Hideaway, food is meh, ok.
The Lighthouse is not the old Lighthouse, it's just Kingfishers down a block.
Have not tried Lotus Kitchen, are they open for dinner?

I've had good Indian food, Bollywood is not my cup of tea Jasmine.
Plaza Taltaco - another faux Mexican place, change the name but they are all the same, might as well be a chain.
Okada, I think is a chain. I would stay with the Sushi and skip the grill. Again, the grill is typical and average. Go for the show.
Another place I have to call into question as a restaurant. Do they open for dinner?
Kevin's Korner, but is it on the Korner? I know people who rave about it, but they have young kids, so is my not being impressed because I need to have young kids?

Not sold on Island Hideaway, food is meh, ok.
It was very good 1st time I tried it, posted my good review here. Subsequent visits were not nearly as good (fish still frozen in the middle).
Have not tried Lotus Kitchen
Tried them once, had a slice of quiche. It was just ok, nothing to rave about, but the place is always busy for lunch.
Kevin's Korner, but is it on the Korner? I know people who rave about it,
I've been very disenchanted last few visits. I kept going back saying they had an off evening and next visit will be better, but .....

Goldenhawk

The Lighthouse is not the old Lighthouse, it's just Kingfishers down a block.
True, true. I miss the original Lighthouse. When it was rebuilt after the original burned down, they just put in a rather standard, boring seafood-based bar and eatery. Nothing like the classy, date-night, romantic atmosphere and high-end food of the original.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
True, true. I miss the original Lighthouse. When it was rebuilt after the original burned down, they just put in a rather standard, boring seafood-based bar and eatery. Nothing like the classy, date-night, romantic atmosphere and high-end food of the original.
To be fair, I've yet to try the new Lighthouse. But back in the 80s/90s that was almost the ONLY place we took clients to dinner. The other place..Oakwood Lodge.