February 2006, Black History Month Part 2.

MMDad

Lem Putt
JPC said:
:yay: Why not look at it this way??

This idea of denouncing Sotterley Plantation for the debauchery that it is does not cost anything. Just words.

Admit that the African slavery in America and here in Maryland was a horrible wrong and that the Sotterley Plantation is a product of our part in that evil history. Plus if some whites think that they and theirs were not a part in it then the denounciation does not affect them.

It would be an honest appeasement as a reparation to the black population and it cost nothing more then honest words.

What is wrong with honesty?? I like the idea.

:flowers: ----------------------- :flowers:

Who has not already admitted this? Which Sotterly owners, specifically, are you condemning? That's important to know, so the right descendants are blamed.

Why didn't you care about this last month, but care about it this month? Isn't it condescending of you to think that pandering to the slavery issue might buy you the black vote?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
JPC said:
:yay: Why not look at it this way??

This idea of denouncing Sotterley Plantation for the debauchery that it is does not cost anything. Just words.

Admit that the African slavery in America and here in Maryland was a horrible wrong and that the Sotterley Plantation is a product of our part in that evil history. Plus if some whites think that they and theirs were not a part in it then the denounciation does not affect them.

It would be an honest appeasement as a reparation to the black population and it cost nothing more then honest words.

What is wrong with honesty?? I like the idea.

:flowers: ----------------------- :flowers:
It is called HISTORY!! Right or wrong, it should be preserved!! Should we burn down the Holocaust Museum? Ford's Theater? Not teach our children about WW1, WW11, or Vietnam because some folks disagreed with those wars? Not discuss Darwin's Theory?? Or, not preserve some houses that were used for the Underground Railroad because what they were doing was illegal? Or, remove all the reporters from Iraq now because they show disturbing pics? You are a history teacher's nightmare.........

Last edited:
J

JPC, Sr.

The Truth Shall Set Us All Free.

MMDad said:
Who has not already admitted this? Which Sotterly owners, specifically, are you condemning? That's important to know, so the right descendants are blamed.

:yay: My accusation is against the property itself and keeping it as some treasure symbol of of history instead of its rightful place as an example of our evil imfamous past.

MMDad said:
Why didn't you care about this last month, but care about it this month? Isn't it condescending of you to think that pandering to the slavery issue might buy you the black vote?

:yay: I did care about this subject for years now and I have had editorials about this in the Enterprise over the years now.

Plus this is black history month whether I run for election or not. :wench:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:yay: My accusation is against the property itself and keeping it as some treasure symbol of of history instead of its rightful place as an example of our evil imfamous past.

Maybe you should go spray paint it.

MMDad

Lem Putt
JPC said:

:yay: I did care about this subject for years now and I have had editorials about this in the Enterprise over the years now.

You are worthless and stupid. Try answering a question sometime. The property did not own slaves. The property didn't opress anyone. Slave owners owned slaves. Now then, which owners, by name, are you blaming?

When I heard some idiot got hit crossing GMR last week, I had really hoped it was you.

bcp

In My Opinion
For many years the blacks were not allowed to be taught to read, yes, some learned by candle light, taught by owners that risked execution for being caught.
even after the slaves were free, to imagine one being allowed in a public building to sit next to the whites was just unheard of.

what Im getting at is simple, so simple that maybe even JPC can understand it.

Blacks would not have been allowed in that library that you are sitting in right now for the use of the free computer.

so why are you there? why are you celebrating the history of that evil library when its very roots are mired in the filth of slavery and mistreatment of others?

I think the first thing you need to do is to get up out of that chair, walk out the door, turn back to the library and denounce the very evil that it is.

Or, are you a hypocrit and only wish to condem those institutions that were discriminatory if you dont benifit from their history?

you do realize that the school you graduated the 3rd grade from was at that time segregated dont you? so to use your abilities to read and write, and thus communicate (the school should be sued for this one), you are displaying your racist background and your privilaged life.

No JPC, we all have too much respect for you to see you denegrade yourself like this. Please leave the library now before the stench of racist history on your person is too great to be removed.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
EmnJoe said:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving more red to JPC, Sr. again."

Could someone please send him some red for me.
Thanks!
Glad to help.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
JPC said:
It may be but only because of Democrats and chicken RINOs.

Equality? YES! Predominance, special treatment? NO!

willie

Someone mentioned this earlier and I am convinced it is true. JPC, Sr. is a Bohanan plant. Everyday he dreams up another wacko idea that he knows is against the grain of the great majority and then throws it out to us. Any opponent will look good against this guy.

bcp

In My Opinion
Im sorry,
I had to give him green and a comment that its time to stop pandering to the blacks.

I just dont have it in me to give someone red for their thoughts.

the freedom of speach protects his right to be an arsehole as much as it protects mine to be correct every time I open my mouth.

donbarzini

ylexot said:
I was joking when I said "burn it down". I didn't know that he was that stupid!

Yes you did. It's just that, like me, you didn't think he'd be able to read it.

bcp

In My Opinion
donbarzini said:
Yes you did. It's just that, like me, you didn't think he'd be able to read it.
I explained this in another thread.
he cant read, he does not have adequate education to allow this simple function.

his campaign manager, Toby Williams, a sixth grader, does his reading and typing for him.