Federal Court: Parents in Maryland School District Cannot Opt K-5 Children Out of LGBTQ Curriculum

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
A federal court on Wednesday upheld a Maryland school district policy that does not allow parents to opt their young K-5 children out of curriculum about gender identity and sexuality.

In a 2-1 panel decision released by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, federal judges affirmed a lower court decision denying the request of religious parents to block the policy issued by the Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) board in March of 2023. Judge G. Steven Agee, a President George W. Bush appointee, wrote the majority opinion stating that parents did not present enough evidence to show that the policy violates the free exercise of their religion and their due process right to direct their children’s education.

“We understand that there are different parents who have different perspectives,” Baxter said. “But all parents should have the right to decide if something is inappropriate for their own child and to remove their child from the classroom in those circumstances. And I think that’s something that every resident in Montgomery County can get behind.”

Your Children Are Property Of The State!!! :nono:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It sucks for families that are unable to afford a private school or have the option to homeschool.
It's likely gonna get ugly since Montgomery County has a large population of minorities now.

The Hispanics, Mooslimbs and Black populations won't take it lying down. ( No pun intended )

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I do remember having to deprogram a few things with my kids during their time at public school. The powers that be were planting the seeds in a subtle way back then. They sure aren't bashful about it any more.
1715960719648.jpeg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It sucks for families that are unable to afford a private school or have the option to homeschool.
Does homeschool negate having to teach that? Do parents have to submit a home curriculum to the school district? Never sent a kid thru school, never had to think about such stuff.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does homeschool negate having to teach that? Do parents have to submit a home curriculum to the school district? Never sent a kid thru school, never had to think about such stuff.
I never did either, but I can't imagine that they must teach that smut at home. But then again...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Thank god for private school.

Don't kid yourself the leftist indoctrination infects Private Catholic High Schools

My daughter graduated from Seaton last yr .... the woke crap she was bringing home ... her English class was full of some of the classics like The Great Gatsby, her senior research paper was on Orwell and 1984 ... but the majority of the fiction involved some minority woman being raped or at a minimum sexually abused and oppressed ... one story was FAN FICTION side story about one of the maids or house servants in something like Pride and Prejudice

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Don't kid yourself the leftist indoctrination infects Private Catholic High Schools

My daughter graduated from Seaton last yr .... the woke crap she was bringing home ... her English class was full of some of the classics like The Great Gatsby, her senior research paper was on Orwell and 1984 ... but the majority of the fiction involved some minority woman being raped or at a minimum sexually abused and oppressed ... one story was FAN FICTION side story about one of the maids or house servants in something like Pride and Prejudice
That’s what happens when you have a woke, climate change cultist Pope.

Hessian

Every time the teacher says "Celebrate LGBTQ"...the child simply responds: "Molesting perverts."
Let them know early who they are...and BONUS: enjoy some quiet time in the principal's office.

Hijinx

It's really crazy that parents cannot keep their children from having to suffer through hearing this sht. that should not be a part of the school curriculum to begin with. Teachers who give instruction in sick and perverted sex should be ashamed to teach it.

thurley42

HY;FR

luckily that's not happening at my child's school