FEDEX SUX

CRHS89

Is Fedex legally allowed to leave packages in your mailbox? That's where they left my package on Sunday. Not complaining, but when the tracking page indicated that it had been delivered and I didn't have it, nor did the other houses I share a driveway with, I just didn't think to look in the mailbox.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This time of year delivery is a crap shoot. FEDEX seems to recruit anyone who has a drivers license and is breathing. I've started selling on eBay and use USPS exclusively. It may be more expensive, but I trust regular employees much more than the temps I've encountered. Just my 2 cents. Hoping everyone gets their "lost" packages or some other satisfactory resolution.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So far only 1 item I've ordered for Christmas is being shipped FedEx. Delivery date of 12/26 ... coming from Ohio. 9 days from the time I ordered to scheduled delivery.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Saw a FedEx truck on the side of NB Rt 4 yesterday that must have been broken down and they were loading packages onto another FedEx truck.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This might be a regional issue. I typically get a FedEx delivery monthly and the driver has always been the same fellow. The only issue I have ever had with delayed delivery was last week. The package was due to arrive on Friday and I got an alert that they couldn't locate the address. I called to dispute that and once I got to a human I was made aware that the driver was pulled from the route for a family emergency and that their notification system didn't have that for an option so the "unable to locate address" was simply selected as a placeholder. I told the CS rep that I totally understand and to me his family was more important then my delivery.

The next day a supervisor delivered the package and I inquired about the regular driver and his emergency, she informed me he had a death in his family. I offered my condolences and thanked her for delivering the package.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
This might be a regional issue. I typically get a FedEx delivery monthly and the driver has always been the same fellow. The only issue I have ever had with delayed delivery was last week. The package was due to arrive on Friday and I got an alert that they couldn't locate the address. I called to dispute that and once I got to a human I was made aware that the driver was pulled from the route for a family emergency and that their notification system didn't have that for an option so the "unable to locate address" was simply selected as a placeholder. I told the CS rep that I totally understand and to me his family was more important then my delivery.

The next day a supervisor delivered the package and I inquired about the regular driver and his emergency, she informed me he had a death in his family. I offered my condolences and thanked her for delivering the package.
Ken - Most of the issues I have read about are coming from the Upper Marlboro facility so of course that means SoMD. Lots of packages damaged, items "missing", packages being out for delivery for multiple days.

Luckily I live close enough to the edge of civilization that we have a mostly regular FedEx driver but with the holidays, who knows.

MiddleGround

The latest status for my package: On truck for delivery at 12:44 am Tuesday. :tap:

When did you order it AND what service did you pay for?

In my experience with both UPS and FedEx, if you opted for Ground 5-day delivery, even if it takes 2 days for the package to arrive at the local hub/warehouse (Waldorf?), they still have 3 days to deliver AND they use those extra days ALWAYS. Also, that means "working days" so, if your package is in transit over a weekend and/or holiday... those do NOT count towards the 5 days.

Only the USPS will deliver earlier than the expected delivery time/date. All other carriers will deliver as promised.

Homer J

Power Chord
When did you order it AND what service did you pay for?

In my experience with both UPS and FedEx, if you opted for Ground 5-day delivery, even if it takes 2 days for the package to arrive at the local hub/warehouse (Waldorf?), they still have 3 days to deliver AND they use those extra days ALWAYS. Also, that means "working days" so, if your package is in transit over a weekend and/or holiday... those do NOT count towards the 5 days.

Only the USPS will deliver earlier than the expected delivery time/date. All other carriers will deliver as promised.

I placed the order on December 6th and paid for FEDEX ground delivery. It shipped on the 10th.
Tracking info:
December 14:
7:09am - On truck for delivery

December 15:
5:52am - at FEDEX location
6:04am - On truck for delivery
4:39pm - at FEDEX location

December 16
5:58am - On truck for delivery
7:25pm - at FEDEX location

December 17
12:44am - On truck for delivery

This is the last update. Still think I should give them more time?

TPD

the poor dad
I placed the order on December 6th and paid for FEDEX ground delivery. It shipped on the 10th.
Tracking info:
December 14:

December 15:

December 16

December 17

I think I've got you beat as far as the slow boat from FedEx. I ordered on Dec 12th about 1pm. It was picked up by FedEx the same day at 4:04pm. Been in Upper Marlboro on the truck since last Monday the 16th.

• Thursday , 12/12/2019
    8:02 pm
    MOUNT JULIET, TN
    Left FedEx origin facility
    • Friday , 12/13/2019
      6:40 pm
      HAGERSTOWN, MD
      Arrived at FedEx location
      • Saturday , 12/14/2019
        4:17 am
        HAGERSTOWN, MD
        Departed FedEx location
        • Monday , 12/16/2019
          9:02 am
          UPPER MARLBORO, MD
          On FedEx vehicle for delivery

MiddleGround

Tracking info:
December 14:

December 15:

December 16

December 17

The only issue I could see is if the package required a signature and you were not there for it. Even then, they should leave a note.

I'd be calling... and fuming by now. Grrrr

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Ken - Most of the issues I have read about are coming from the Upper Marlboro facility so of course that means SoMD. Lots of packages damaged, items "missing", packages being out for delivery for multiple days.

Luckily I live close enough to the edge of civilization that we have a mostly regular FedEx driver but with the holidays, who knows.

The only issue I could see is if the package required a signature and you were not there for it. Even then, they should leave a note.

I'd be calling... and fuming by now. Grrrr

In case noone saw Kom's message above, there seemed to have been an incident wih several FEDEX trucks in the Upper Marlborough area. Lots of boxes were found dumped in a few areas and some had been opened. Either an inside job or someone managed to steal boxes off of several trucks unnoticed. The majority of the boxes were destined to our area. A friend of mine posted on FB about it as she was in a similar waiting game and found out when a police officer showed up at her house to ask questions and explained some. They suggested alerting the company you ordered thru to put in a claim, as well as calling FEDEX yourself and filing a claim.