Rice, dry beans, potatoes, oatmeal
Apples, oranges, bananas
Fresh or canned vegetables, including corn
2 lbs cheese, their choice
Bread, buns, tortillas
Butter, mayo, ketchup, mustard
Milk
Frozen juice

You can actually eat pretty well on a budget if you're not wasting your food bucks on chips and snack cakes.

Chips $8.00 a pound.....Pork $3.00 a pound....go figure

This_person

Funny, I don't see any of that here: https://www.lp.org/platform/

Oh, I get it. You're making chit up as usual.

Perhaps you misunderstood - the question was what it means to Chris, not to the Party.

Chris, I am not suggesting the drugs thing was what your answer would have been - I see a lot more than that in your posts. I am merely trying to point out that you do not lock-step represent the party platform any more than any R does the R platform or D does the D platform.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ground beef, eggs, chicken
Rice, dry beans, potatoes, oatmeal
Apples, oranges, bananas
Fresh or canned vegetables, including corn
2 lbs cheese, their choice
Bread, buns, tortillas
Butter, mayo, ketchup, mustard
Milk
Frozen juice

You can actually eat pretty well on a budget if you're not wasting your food bucks on chips and snack cakes.

I'm curious why you "included" corn.

Chris0nllyn

In a nutshell, here's my answer for the most part.
I’m a conservative because I believe in conserving things. Those things that have proven throughout history to be what’s best for the human condition this side of eternity. Those things which are based in the ‘Laws of Nature and Nature’s God’ as our founding document puts it. The Declaration of Independence, which is the mission statement for America. And these things are what’s best for all of us regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity, because we’re all made in the image of the same God — from whom our rights come.

So a Conservative is a libertarian then. Not sure why you made the comment that I'll be a Conservative one day. I've always worked my ass of for what I have, never taken govt. assistance and did what I had to do to make it. Work, school, living in ####holes, you name it. I firmly believe the responsibility of success lies squarely on my shoulders.

What does being a Libertarian mean to you?

It means my life is mine. Your life is yours, and unless you or I or anyone else doesn't affect other's right to live their lives (i.e. physical violence), you have every right to live your life as you see fit. The Constitution is the roadmap, but the basic idea of libertarianism is the rights of humans in general, not just Americans.

I believe I have the right to choose what goes in my body and that you, nor the govt. should take that away as long as I'm not harming anyone else.

I believe our govt. spends too much of our money on needless things.

I believe our govt. has gotten to the point where they do not respect us as Americans, and surely not as individuals. Govt. is gotten to the point of believing the the Constitution is a hinderance in their quest for more power and will do whatever it takes to twist and turn the words in the Constitution to justify what they wish.

I believe in the right to bear arms and not just because the 2A exists, but because individuals have the right to protect themselves.

I believe in the free market.

There are obviously many other aspects than that, but if you have a specific question about my stance on a particular topic, I'd be happy to answer.

Smoking pot anywhere/everywhere...apparently. I have not gleaned much else from his posts. Not sure where he stands on the Libertarian support for the whole man-boy love thing...

You haven't gleaned much else because you're too short-sighted and unwilling to read or comprehend anything else that makes you think outside of your wet carboard box. Nevermind the times we actually agree on something, let's jump to "smoking pot" as if it's the ####ing Marijuana Reform Party. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you misunderstood - the question was what it means to Chris, not to the Party.

Chris, I am not suggesting the drugs thing was what your answer would have been - I see a lot more than that in your posts. I am merely trying to point out that you do not lock-step represent the party platform any more than any R does the R platform or D does the D platform.

I appreciate that. I certainly don't believe folks lock-step represent the platforms of a party, but stats show a large amount of people vote lock-step with their party. I just wasn't sure what Black Dog meant by telling me I'd be a Conservative in a few more years.

black dog

Free America
I appreciate that. I certainly don't believe folks lock-step represent the platforms of a party, but stats show a large amount of people vote lock-step with their party. I just wasn't sure what Black Dog meant by telling me I'd be a Conservative in a few more years.

You are way to sensitive,. I believe Churchhill said it,
"If you're not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40 you have no brain."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I firmly believe the responsibility of success lies squarely on my shoulders.
:yay:

It means my life is mine. Your life is yours, and unless you or I or anyone else doesn't affect other's right to live their lives (i.e. physical violence), you have every right to live your life as you see fit.

You'd fit well in Alaska.

Monello

PREMO Member
Then you wouldn't you have "corn meal" on the list? I mean, it is a grain, but it's rarely used as a grain.

Many utilize corn as a vegetable replacement in their meal. Restaurants will offer the option of rice, baked potato, fries or sweet potato as the starch option but I don't think I've ever been offered corn as a choice.

Monello

PREMO Member
You are right. I didn’t know that. I looked it up. The new thing I learned, today. Thanks!

Keep in mind that's why I've been designated the king of the forum by some members. Now if I could just find my crown.