Female OB/GYN in St. Mary's?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm just curious, And this may not be the right thread to ask..

But have any of you Moms arrived at St Mary's say prior to 6PM and had your baby after midnight?

Or were you told at around 8 or 9 PM that the baby was in distress and they would need to perform an emergency C-Section?

Just curious..

In other news.. I'm not a female, nor an OB/GYM but I am a doctor and would be happy to take a look..

I take that back.. maybe I wouldn't be..

sockgirl77

But have any of you Moms arrived at St Mary's say prior to 6PM and had your baby after midnight?

Or were you told at around 8 or 9 PM that the baby was in distress and they would need to perform an emergency C-Section?

Just curious..

In other news.. I'm not a female, nor an OB/GYM but I am a doctor and would be happy to take a look..

#1: Admitted 6/14 around 4:30pm, had him 6:31am 6/15.
#2: Admitted 7/10 around 7:30pm, had her 5:31am 7/11.
#3: Admitted 10/26 around 6:30pm, had her 9:31pm 10/26.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
#1: Admitted 6/14 around 4:30pm, had him 6:31am 6/15.
#2: Admitted 7/10 around 7:30pm, had her 5:31am 7/11.
#3: Admitted 10/26 around 6:30pm, had her 9:31pm 10/26.

Not going to state ANY names, but the background story:

Wife and daughter both have same doctor.. both go to the hospital in the afternoon/ early evening (about 6 months apart).. BOTH are told the baby is in duress at about the same time of evening will need emergency c-sections.

Just think the probability and the timing are just waaaaay too coincidental.

sockgirl77

Wife and daughter both have same doctor.. both go to the hospital in the afternoon/ early evening (about 6 months apart).. BOTH are told the baby is in duress at about the same time of evening will need emergency c-sections.

I've heard a few stories about that. :ohwell:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
1st son- went in at 6am to be induced and had him at 4:50pm, the same day.They would on and off mention the baby showing signs of distress but it was more from the meds than anything. They'd cut off meds until heartbeat was stable and then proceed.

2nd son- drove myself to the hospital at 6pm and had him at 1:30am the next day. No mention of distress with him. Dr tried to hold off delivering him until husband got back from letting the dog out to go potty. Hubby got back and Dr checked me and son was already crowning. He pretty much delivered himself!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

was it a friday :coffee:

lovinmaryland

Just curious..

I had two of my 5 at SMH and one was born 10:22 pm Friday night the other 1:18 am Saturday morning.

Who was the DR? Dr Polko is ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN AMAZING!!! If she is on call she is there for the duration, stays the entire time. Unlike other's who have the nurses call them when a patient is close to delivering, or having issue w/ labor.

sockgirl77

Don't think so..

BUT we did have a nurse come in and warn us about 7:30 or so. If we didn't have the baby soon we we're going to get an "emergency" c-section as it was getting late and somebody wanted to go home..

The grandbaby was not born on a Friday. I know this because I had #2 on a Tuesday and we were both in the hospital at the same time. :lol:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Can anyone recommend a female OB/GYN in St.Mary's? I've been seeing Dr. Estes @ Calvert OB for years, however she is no longer delivering babies. I just found out that I'm pregnant & would also like any info/thoughts about St.Mary's Hospital from Moms who have delivered there. Thank you!

Dr. Estes' partner Dr. Michelle Johnson deliver babies. Have you meet Dr. Michelle Johnson?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The grandbaby was not born on a Friday. I know this because I had #2 on a Tuesday and we were both in the hospital at the same time. :lol:

I was happy with the overall service and the staff at St Mary's, but was wondering about the HIPAA rules when we noticed a monitor in the room that showed ALL of the current patients names with their room number and the the running graph of the attached monitoring system.

I would assume by now that's changed.

sockgirl77

I was happy with the overall service and the staff at St Mary's, but was wondering about the HIPAA rules when we noticed a monitor in the room that showed ALL of the current patients names with their room number and the the running graph of the attached monitoring system.

It's still the same. I was in the room a year or so ago when a friend of mine went into labor. I saw the same contraction monitor.

MarieB

Hospitals and practitioners are really grappling with certain parts of the HIPAA regulations and how to comply or even wheter they arein compliance. When you think about it, even having a non-private / semi-private room is against HIPAA once a doc or nurse walks in your room to discuss how you're feeling or to administer treatment.

There are things about HIPAA that just don't make sense, and different places interpret the rules in different ways

sockgirl77

Hospitals and practitioners are really grappling with certain parts of the HIPAA regulations and how to comply or even wheter they arein compliance. When you think about it, even having a non-private / semi-private room is against HIPAA once a doc or nurse walks in your room to discuss how you're feeling or to administer treatment.

There are things about HIPAA that just don't make sense, and different places interpret the rules in different ways

I've never thought about that. That's a really interesting point.

jaie

So happy!
I have been going to Dr Neal for over ten years and she has delivered all 3 of my kids with no problems.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

There is a clause for semiprivates in HIPPA, though guests should always be asked to leave when doing admission histories or treatments. unfortunately the way healthcare is going, I see semiprivates coming back into fashion.