FIFA WOMEN SOCCER

Grumpy

Wonder how much the anti-american woman on the team affected TV ratings?? Without her mouthing off, I probably would be watching.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Wonder how much the anti-american woman on the team affected TV ratings?? Without her mouthing off, I probably would be watching.
The team (leaders) must have gotten the memo; their goal celebrations and demeanor have been superb.

Disappointing final, imho*. Score could have been/should have been 5-0, 6-0. Other than the last 5 minutes of the first half, the Dutch team hasn't really mounted anything dangerous.

The Netherlands needed to hold the USA off the board in the first half while getting something for themselves on the board (at least one). They didn't and once the PK was given (absolutely correct call), it was game over.

Hope the post-match celebrations are in keeping with their pre- and in-game celebrations.

I think it had quite a bit of impact. The Fox commentators spent (and are continuing to spend) an inordinate amount of time defending/fluffing the team (it's nauseating, way too saccharine, and way too "Helen Reddy"). I have no inside info, but I'm betting the US highers-up "sent a memo."

*Very well officiated, though.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: