Finally the truth about Global Warming

PsyOps

Pixelated
Norwegian Moose Blamed for Global Warming

Modern politics sure is entertaining sometimes, especially when one politically correct cause threatens another one as in Norway where that country's moose population is being blamed for contributing to global warming:

The poor old Scandinavian moose is now being blamed for climate change, with researchers in Norway claiming that a grown moose can produce 2,100 kilos of methane a year -- equivalent to the CO2 output resulting from a 13,000 kilometer car journey.

Norway is concerned that its national animal, the moose, is harming the climate by emitting an estimated 2,100 kilos of carbon dioxide a year through its belching and farting.
:eyebrow:

Al Gore should be outraged that he missed this. But I am relieved it's not our fault. :hot:

As a side note NYC Sets Record For Coldest Day

The city along with the rest of the tri-state region is feeling the chilly effect of a cold front sweeping through the region, accompanied by cool rain showers.

Tuesday's high temperature in Central Park was just 59 degrees. The normal high for today is 82 degrees. The normal low is 67.

"This unusual blast of cold air smashed our previous record for the coldest high temperature on August 21, which is 64 degrees, set back in 1999," CBS 2 meteorologist Jason Cali told wcbstv.com.

In fact, the 59-degree high tied the record for the coldest high temperature ever for the month of August in New York City, when it reached just 59 degrees in 1911.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good thing...

...we need CO2 for plant growth which gives us oxygen which we kinda need and that CO2 is not only rather conveniently heavier than air, which helps it get to the plants, but that our existing levels are just fine.

Go, Moose!

Glad I can breathe again.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Larry Gude said:
...we need CO2 for plant growth which gives us oxygen which we kinda need and that CO2 is not only rather conveniently heavier than air, which helps it get to the plants, but that our existing levels are just fine.

Go, Moose!

Glad I can breathe again.

Yeah, but all that stinky gas. Poor Norwegians.

I watched a show on the (I think it was) Science Channel about the late Cretaceous period where dinosaurs were exceptionally large. Scientists studied how these dinosaurs got so large. There were extremely high concentrations of CO2 and they had a unique respiratory system that ran through large bones the length of their bodies. Another theory was because there was so much CO2 that the plants were larger and more abundant. The plentiful food and the height required the dinosaurs to reach to get food and this dictated their size. So they were speculating on how higher concentrations of CO2 would cause a more abundant and larger plant life. So they did an experiment… They set up a controlled environment with a high concentration of CO2, placed plants in the room and watched their growth and sure enough the plants grew larger than normal and reproduced at a faster rate. The consequence to this was the higher emission of oxygen. They were unable to maintain the level of CO2 without adjusting the conditions. The show threw a footnote in about global warming and the chance that excessive CO2 emissions would impact our environment and their conclusion was that the effect on plant life would result in an increase in oxygen and balance the effects of CO2.

All theory of course, but makes sense. The earth is an incredible balancing machine that only man would be arrogant enough to believe we could actually control or alter this.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's not theory...

PsyOps said:
All theory of course, but makes sense. The earth is an incredible balancing machine that only man would be arrogant enough to believe we could actually control or alter this.

...greenhouse operations add CO2. Concentrations in the atmosphere are around 300 ppm. Supplements run upwards of 1,000 ppm for however many hours is optimum for a given crop. Your house is anywhere from 600-1,000 ppm. Toxic levels are not reached until you get well above 1,000ppm, towards 2,000 ppm.

As usual, people freak out because they can only see a black and white world, good or bad, right or wrong, CO2 kills or does not. As usual, life is much better looked at and dealt with as a matter of degree.

Nature is life. Life seeks to exist. If and I do mean IF we are causing a problem with CO2, then nature is trying to adapt. We can take measures to
adapt ourselves without using emotion as a basis.

jenbengen

Watch it
Yeah, global warming seems to be in full effect this week- it's August and chilly outside. Darn that global warming.

jenbengen

Watch it
Larry Gude said:
...greenhouse operations add CO2. Concentrations in the atmosphere are around 300 ppm. Supplements run upwards of 1,000 ppm for however many hours is optimum for a given crop. Your house is anywhere from 600-1,000 ppm. Toxic levels are not reached until you get well above 1,000ppm, towards 2,000 ppm.

As usual, people freak out because they can only see a black and white world, good or bad, right or wrong, CO2 kills or does not. As usual, life is much better looked at and dealt with as a matter of degree.

Nature is life. Life seeks to exist. If and I do mean IF we are causing a problem with CO2, then nature is trying to adapt. We can take measures to
adapt ourselves without using emotion as a basis

:yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Larry Gude said:
It's not theory... greenhouse operations add CO2. Concentrations in the atmosphere are around 300 ppm. Supplements run upwards of 1,000 ppm for however many hours is optimum for a given crop. Your house is anywhere from 600-1,000 ppm. Toxic levels are not reached until you get well above 1,000ppm, towards 2,000 ppm.

adapt ourselves without using emotion as a basis.

But do these increases in CO2 actaully cause increased plant life in size and number? This is strictly theory and can't be proven holistically until it actually happens. It would be prevalent in sea kelp first. This is indicative (at least to me) that global warming is not happening. That aside, it's quite obvious the result would be an increase in oxygen, thus maintaining that balance.

I agree with all you wrote though. The earth's ability to adapt (or balance) is quite evident based on lifecycles.

I only get emotional about the environmentalists that are making millions selling books and making movies at the expense of our ignorance. If Al Gore is saying it, it must be true. This is nothing more than a revised and improved version of the snake oil saleman of the 1800s.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
If you are having trouble making the leap from the theory to the actuality, let's look at evidence you can look at yourself. The formulas and models used to predict the skyrocketing temperatures as a function of the CO2 concentrations show two never-acknowledged facte. The CO2 concentration and the temperature peaks and valleys are almost totally in cycle. If CO2 concentration was the cause of the temperature changes, there would be a delay in the temperature peaks and valleys while the CO2 wreaked its havoc on nature. That is not seen. More importantly, the temperature rise documented by real-world scientific instruments is at most 0.6 degrees C since the "We've really done it now!" point Al Gore uses. But the model says the temperature should have already risen 2 whole degrees C, which of course it hasn't. So the model is off by a one hell of a lot. Enough to not believe it anyway.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Lenny said:
If CO2 concentration was the cause of the temperature changes, there would be a delay in the temperature peaks and valleys while the CO2 wreaked its havoc on nature.

How much of a delay?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
PsyOps said:
How much of a delay?

Tell me the mechanism that increasing CO2 concentrations could cause a temperture increase (independent of solar flares and the more plausible causes) and we could guess (which is what Al's guys are doing). I would estimate something on the order of 2-5 years for a peak to lag behind a CO2 spike. Probably longer for a trough following a nadir.

The coincident peaks and valleys in Al's presentations are more evidence for both being the result of another cause (such as solar storm activity) than for a cause-effect pattern between CO2 and temperature.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I cant remember where i seen it but i read somewhere that the temperature would rise before the co2 levels would.

This is supposed to be the last 400k years, which would tell alot about how the earth has its cycles even before human interaction.

http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/02.htm

Not sure how accurate it is but hey this kind of puts a wrench in gore's humans are to blame plan.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Lenny said:
Tell me the mechanism that increasing CO2 concentrations could cause a temperture increase (independent of solar flares and the more plausible causes) and we could guess (which is what Al's guys are doing). I would estimate something on the order of 2-5 years for a peak to lag behind a CO2 spike. Probably longer for a trough following a nadir.

The coincident peaks and valleys in Al's presentations are more evidence for both being the result of another cause (such as solar storm activity) than for a cause-effect pattern between CO2 and temperature.

No no no... Something as miniscule as the sun can't do the damage that GREAT AND MIGHTY man can do.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
PsyOps said:
No no no... Something as miniscule as the sun can't do the damage that GREAT AND MIGHTY man can do.

Al Gore's reasoning is that the sun is over 93 million miles from earth and he can hold his hand out without it getting burned. However, the tailpipe from his gas-guzzling Suburban chase car is within reach and it burns the hell out of the Secret Service man's hand when Al pushes it up the tailpipe. Therefore, manmade crisis.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Lenny said:
Al Gore's reasoning is that the sun is over 93 million miles from earth and he can hold his hand out without it getting burned. However, the tailpipe from his gas-guzzling Suburban chase car is within reach and it burns the hell out of the Secret Service man's hand when Al pushes it up the tailpipe. Therefore, manmade crisis.

Actually I think Al puts his thumb in the air showing how small the sun is because he can block it out with this thumb...

See..................

Sun......... :dance:

No Sun..... :yay:

Sun......... :dance:

No Sun..... :yay:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There's more to it...

Lenny said:
The formulas and models used to predict the skyrocketing temperatures as a function of the CO2 concentrations show two never-acknowledged facte. The CO2 concentration and the temperature peaks and valleys are almost totally in cycle. If CO2 concentration was the cause of the temperature changes, there would be a delay in the temperature peaks and valleys while the CO2 wreaked its havoc on nature. That is not seen. More importantly, the temperature rise documented by real-world scientific instruments is at most 0.6 degrees C since the "We've really done it now!" point Al Gore uses. But the model says the temperature should have already risen 2 whole degrees C, which of course it hasn't. So the model is off by a one hell of a lot. Enough to not believe it anyway.

...than that. There is a simmering issue as to the location of sensors used for the temp data recording, where they are located and when they were installed/upgraded etc. There seems to be some evidence that sensors have been located over the last 10-20 years in locations that would, frankly, and obviously, give several degrees worth of higher temps than what would be considered accurate and representative such as next to or in parking lots with asphalt, near generator exhaust stacks in back lots and so forth. I've read that this is all outside of specific guidelines.

Also, I read that NASA (I think they are in charge of some of this?) quietly and recently adjusted some temps records down. I think 1936 or some year is the new hottest year ever after we were told, what was it, 2005, was reported as such?

So, I don't have links handy, but it would not be the first time a government agency was more interested in achieving a result instead of reaching one. In any event, there is more than enough moving parts to the man made global warming issue to satisfy any grassy knoller that we don't have nor are being given the straight facts, nevermind that huge chunks of the argument don't even fit science nor common sense instead of the lockstep agreement with Goreology; a religion in search of beliefs.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Larry Gude said:
There is a simmering issue as to the location of sensors used for the temp data recording, where they are located and when they were installed/upgraded etc. There seems to be some evidence that sensors have been located over the last 10-20 years in locations that would, frankly, and obviously, give several degrees worth of higher temps than what would be considered accurate and representative such as next to or in parking lots with asphalt, near generator exhaust stacks in back lots and so forth. I've read that this is all outside of specific guidelines.

Hannity reported on this (on his Hannity's America show) a few weeks back showing these blatant violations in standards.

The longer this debate goes on the more these global warmists are becoming more and more transparant to their agenda. And it has ZERO to do with global warming.

Last edited:

Foxhound

Finishing last
I don't know how true it is, but I have heard that plants actually give off CO2 at night, and Oxygen only during the daylight hours while performing photosynthesis.

As for global warming there is evidence that it is a solar system wide event not a planetary event. There was a measurable decrees in the ice caps on mars indicating an increase in the global temps there as well.

Then again, until we can look back on something it is all theory.

SamSpade

Foxhound said:
I don't know how true it is, but I have heard that plants actually give off CO2 at night, and Oxygen only during the daylight hours while performing photosynthesis.

As for global warming there is evidence that it is a solar system wide event not a planetary event. There was a measurable decrees in the ice caps on mars indicating an increase in the global temps there as well.

Then again, until we can look back on something it is all theory.

That's true - it's a process called glycolysis.