Fine Upstanding Citizens???? YEA RIGHT! LOL

BOP

So do county prosecutors in this state only go forward with charges based on public opinion? Sure appears that that is the case.

"On March 12, 2014, Kenneth Allen Woodburn 29 of Ridge, shot and killed “Tank” a 1-year-old pit bull after he claimed the dog came onto his property and approached him aggressively. Soon after the shooting, Woodburn posted a picture on his Facebook posing with the dead dog. The family and friends of Tank started a petition to States Attorney Richard Fritz having nearly 50,000 signatures in hopes to have Woodburn charged for killing Tank. Click HERE to see the petition."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So do county prosecutors in this state only go forward with charges based on public opinion? Sure appears that that is the case.

"On March 12, 2014, Kenneth Allen Woodburn 29 of Ridge, shot and killed “Tank” a 1-year-old pit bull after he claimed the dog came onto his property and approached him aggressively. Soon after the shooting, Woodburn posted a picture on his Facebook posing with the dead dog. The family and friends of Tank started a petition to States Attorney Richard Fritz having nearly 50,000 signatures in hopes to have Woodburn charged for killing Tank. Click HERE to see the petition."

:gossip: It's an election year.

BernieP

Resident PIA
:gossip: It's an election year.

so true

Bail has always been somewhat a mytery to me. On one hand you are told that it's a way to guaruntee the defendant will show up a trail, so the amount is set based on not only the severity of the charges (with the premise beeing that a person facing a stiffer sentence has more reason to flee) but also "ties to the community" (a person owning a home, with a familiy is less likely to flee).
But then there is the question of public safety, particularly with repeat offenders who have committed acts of violence - even if under the influence of drugs or alchohol.
Then there is the more cynical side, in which ones connections/influence plays a role.
What I see in this area is that the court commisioners tend to have wide latitude and bail amounts can vary. Where as the judges tend to be predictable, at least each judge tends to be consistent.

The dude in Ridge should be shot in the back, except we would probably have to pay for his upkeep for the rest of his miserable life.
Between him and the PCP user, I'd take my chances with the clean PCP user over the miserable SOB.
PCP user can at least point to the drugs as influencing his behavior.
The ass in Ridge can only point to being a miserable SOB.