FiOS coming to La Plata !

Dbuck913

Just checked the Verizon link, and it still indicates another 55 days until service will be available. Which now puts it in late November/early December. I guess I should not be surprised at this point. Both FIOS and Comcast have finished the install in my community. Not sure why the delay in connecting the communities to the main line

Today (11/2) I got an email from the county that said Comcast and Verizon have delayed service to our community of Grosstown Rd. They now anticipate having service available in the April 2018 time frame.

matb1906

Today (11/2) I got an email from the county that said Comcast and Verizon have delayed service to our community of Grosstown Rd. They now anticipate having service available in the April 2018 time frame.

While I am not surprised, this is extremely disappointing.

Dbuck913

Did they happen to mention why?

No explanation given by the county for the continued delay. The county did say that both Comcast and Verizon are meeting their obligations in the "Franchise Agreements". I say thats BS, my home is in the initial service area for both Franchise Agreements and we should have had service provided years ago. County negotiates these agreements and then lets both companies do as they want at the peril of the residents.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
No explanation given by the county for the continued delay. The county did say that both Comcast and Verizon are meeting their obligations in the "Franchise Agreements". I say thats BS, my home is in the initial service area for both Franchise Agreements and we should have had service provided years ago. County negotiates these agreements and then lets both companies do as they want at the peril of the residents.

Looks like FiOS is expanding down Trinity Church Rd to at least Norwood.

Portions or Bowling Dr (Whisper Creek), Old Sycamore and Norwood have been marked up.

Dbuck913

Looks like FiOS is expanding down Trinity Church Rd to at least Norwood.

Portions or Bowling Dr (Whisper Creek), Old Sycamore and Norwood have been marked up.

The wait is finally over. FIOS install at my home off Grosstown rd is all set for March 14th.

tward

Looks like they finally finished off Penns Hill Road in La Plata... Noticed the FIOS plates coming up the hill!!