FIOS is in Waldorf!!!

bobbyb

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Version contractors have been installing that beautiful orange plastic sleeve for the fiber for the last two weeks in the University Dr. neighborhood in Carrington. I called Version about ordering the service and they said that we cannot order the service until 30 days after the service is completely installed. So far they have installed the two electrical wires (I am assuming they are electrical) and the orange sleeve. The fiber itself hasn’t been installed yet. They dig a lot of holes in the yards, I have never seen such hard working people.
:yahoo:

K

kimpat

I'm anxiously waiting!

They dug up our yard more than 30 days ago and the website is still only offering internet and phone, dammit!! I can't wait to tell comcast to kiss off.

Oh and p.s. - I found this website by googling when is fios tv coming to Waldorf. LOL.

W

WildCherry

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Version contractors have been installing that beautiful orange plastic sleeve for the fiber for the last two weeks in the University Dr. neighborhood in Carrington. I called Version about ordering the service and they said that we cannot order the service until 30 days after the service is completely installed. So far they have installed the two electrical wires (I am assuming they are electrical) and the orange sleeve. The fiber itself hasn’t been installed yet. They dig a lot of holes in the yards, I have never seen such hard working people.
:yahoo:

sssspttt :gossip: it's Verizon. :yay:

AF79

Fios TV

Any knowledge of when Fios tv will be available? I live in Hampshire, and they are marketing internet and phone, but not tv. When I called Verizon, the rep told me that they don't have any starting point for tv scheduled in this area.

harddrive747

Any knowledge of when Fios tv will be available? I live in Hampshire, and they are marketing internet and phone, but not tv. When I called Verizon, the rep told me that they don't have any starting point for tv scheduled in this area.

First of all, at least you can get FIOS. I live in the Carrington neighborhood and I can't get anything but DSL, which I don't mind. They started to put the conduit in around the end of February and now it is near the middle of May and I still have not time frame when I will be able to get FIOS Internet.

Now with regards to FIOS TV, that all depends on when the Verizon and the Charles County Government completes the cable franchise agreement for Charles County. There is a cable franchise in place for the town of La Plata and if you look at a phone number or a street address (like Washington Street) in La Plata, you will see that they can get Internet, Phone and TV. The rest of the county can not.

So until the cable franchise is in place, we will still have to rely on the monopoly of Comcast cable for cable TV.

I also found an article about the cable franchise agreement. Here is the link, so it is coming.

Charles County Closing on FiOS TV Franchise Agreement with Verizon - Southern Maryland Headline News

Last edited:

harddrive747

FIOS is in Waldorf

If you all have been following Verizon like I have, you will know that the cable franchise agreement for Charles County has been signed. You can find information about it on the web at Verizon.net and there was an article in the Maryland Independent about it.

Now I understand about the 30 days after everything is completed and in Carrington Neighborhood, it looks like they have been done for well over 30 days, at least my area. I keep checking at Verizon and I still can't order it on-line.

If anyone can take a minute to ask one of the Verizon guys working in your area when they will light the fiber up in the Carrington Neighborhood, I would love to know. there is a box outside my house that has the fiber cable there, but I still can't order it.

Installation on my street begin in February and here it is in June and I'm still waiting. I'm also planning to totally dump Comcrap when I order FIOS.

BTW, I saw an ad for Comcast and they were showing what happens when FIOS comes in. It showed how they tear up the yard, put a box on the outside of your house that falls off and will not take no for an answer. I personally think that it is a "low" below on part of Comcast.

Thanks

zetasoul

If you all have been following Verizon like I have, you will know that the cable franchise agreement for Charles County has been signed. You can find information about it on the web at Verizon.net and there was an article in the Maryland Independent about it.

Now I understand about the 30 days after everything is completed and in Carrington Neighborhood, it looks like they have been done for well over 30 days, at least my area. I keep checking at Verizon and I still can't order it on-line.

If anyone can take a minute to ask one of the Verizon guys working in your area when they will light the fiber up in the Carrington Neighborhood, I would love to know. there is a box outside my house that has the fiber cable there, but I still can't order it.

Installation on my street begin in February and here it is in June and I'm still waiting. I'm also planning to totally dump Comcrap when I order FIOS.

BTW, I saw an ad for Comcast and they were showing what happens when FIOS comes in. It showed how they tear up the yard, put a box on the outside of your house that falls off and will not take no for an answer. I personally think that it is a "low" below on part of Comcast.

Thanks

I agree with you about Comcast new commercials. Completely exaggerated and untrue. They are only doing it because they don't have anything else to compete with FiOS. Instead of putting that money into research and development for new and better products, they spend it on commercials and finding new and better ways to rip off customers. It happens to the auto industry and it will happen to Comcast. They will never learn. Good riddance.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

They've been installing the FIOS here at the beaverdam for the last week. I guess I've got to wait about a month. I can't even get Verizon DSL here -- been stuck with comcast for internet. Can't wait for FIOS -- the FIOS cable+internet is cheaper than comcrap basic cable.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

I agree with you about Comcast new commercials. Completely exaggerated and untrue. They are only doing it because they don't have anything else to compete with FiOS. Instead of putting that money into research and development for new and better products, they spend it on commercials and finding new and better ways to rip off customers. It happens to the auto industry and it will happen to Comcast. They will never learn. Good riddance.

Comcrap has nothing to offer. They charge $55/month for basic cable 30 channels including local channels. They claim to have the largest HD lineup, but anyone who has DirecTV knows that's a lie. They claim to have the fastest internet -- that's a lie. They claim to have the best sports packages :killingme DirecTV has dozens of sports channels, far more than Comcrap. Still waiting for ESPN Classic. :killingme

Instead of cutting prices and making a better product, Comcrap charges almost twice as much for their services as their competitors. :faint: I will be signing up for FiOS the da.. . scratch that, the MINUTE it becomes available here at the beaverdam.

zetasoul

Comcrap has nothing to offer. They charge $55/month for basic cable 30 channels including local channels. They claim to have the largest HD lineup, but anyone who has DirecTV knows that's a lie. They claim to have the fastest internet -- that's a lie. They claim to have the best sports packages :killingme DirecTV has dozens of sports channels, far more than Comcrap. Still waiting for ESPN Classic. :killingme

Instead of cutting prices and making a better product, Comcrap charges almost twice as much for their services as their competitors. :faint: I will be signing up for FiOS the da.. . scratch that, the MINUTE it becomes available here at the beaverdam.

Where is beaverdam? I just want to guage whether Verizon will come down my dirt road to install fios or not. I can't get DSL or Comcast, but hoping that FiOS will be coming down.

bcp

In My Opinion
My most recent FIOS internet speed test.
I will say this about the FIOS tv, It has never gone down in over two years, it does however give you the blocked look now and again as if you were playing a dirty DVD.
And its not the tv as it will do it on both HD tvs at the same time on different connections.

Download Speed: 19359 kbps (2419.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4547 kbps (568.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

John Z

if you will
The FIOS rep just came a-knockin' on my door (in White Plains), and I went ahead and jumped in whole hog. We got the HD Extreme TV service with multi-room DVR (serving 2 HD and 2 SD sets), 20/5 Mbps internet with wireless G, and Verizon Freedom Essentials phone. Price is $152/mo minus $30/mo for 6 months. I'm pretty jacked; install should be in about 2 weeks. I hope it is worth it. :yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
The FIOS rep just came a-knockin' on my door (in White Plains), and I went ahead and jumped in whole hog. We got the HD Extreme TV service with multi-room DVR (serving 2 HD and 2 SD sets), 20/5 Mbps internet with wireless G, and Verizon Freedom Essentials phone. Price is $152/mo minus $30/mo for 6 months. I'm pretty jacked; install should be in about 2 weeks. I hope it is worth it. :yahoo:
I just renewed my plan with them two days ago.
I got the same for 109.00/month locked in for two more years.

SoMdDude

You didnt get the 99.99 package deal for phone, internet and tv? 2 years with a contract, offer ends soon though

I know the internet speeds are slower with that deal (10/2) but saving about $1200 per year over comcast.. is well worth it for me! Comcast maxes out around 12MB Down for me... so the speeds aren't all that slower on the down, the up is faster than i have now though.....Hell im paying 200 a month just for internet and tv now with comcast, dont even have any movie channels!
(3 cable boxes, 2 are HD DVR's, one is just a regular digital box)

Now if they would just install the dang fiber optics to my CO.. they are sitting right outside of it 1 block from where i live ... i drive past there every day and say "come on verizon hook the fiber up to the CO already!" :killingme
They have been done with the fiber on my street for almost 2 months now, but i am on a corner lot and they never dug my yard up, only one on the whole street heh but they will when they come to run it from the closest box in my neighbors yard i am sure, they stopped at his house and didnt come under his driveway with it, this is where the TRAP is for my comcast now, maybe thats why.

Last edited:

John Z

if you will
You didnt get the 99.99 package deal for phone, internet and tv? 2 years with a contract, offer ends soon though

We got the 109.99 deal with the "extreme hd" instead of "essentials" for 99.99. The rest of the bill was for multi-room DVR and the other set top boxes.

LMCoffren

Here in Accokeek...

... FIOS is presumably available, they keep sending us forms to sign up for it, but they refuse to install a line from the street down our driveway. It's not a super-long driveway either. So, Comcast it is. Verizon's service has always been a problem for us here, I'd call asking for high-speed services, they'd say, "Sure, it's available in your area!" and then a month would go by and I'd call and they'd so, "No, sorry, not available to you." LOL!!! I gave up.

:1bdz:

-Lynn

bcp

In My Opinion
... FIOS is presumably available, they keep sending us forms to sign up for it, but they refuse to install a line from the street down our driveway. It's not a super-long driveway either. So, Comcast it is. Verizon's service has always been a problem for us here, I'd call asking for high-speed services, they'd say, "Sure, it's available in your area!" and then a month would go by and I'd call and they'd so, "No, sorry, not available to you." LOL!!! I gave up.

:1bdz:

-Lynn
you do realize that Verizon is for all purposes considered a public utility right? and because of this, they have to perform at a level that is a bit different than comcast. And, if they have the ability to serve your home, they really cant deny you any more than the electric company could.

you might want to check into that. If they are honestly saying they cant run to your house, they may be in violation. I am pretty sure however that they could charge you reasonable fees to run that line to start with.