Firearms season opener

Chris0nllyn

Anyone have any luck?

I saw a doe, but couldn't get a shot. I was on public land and heard 45 shots, so I was more worried about keeping my head down. :lol:

I passed on 4 small bucks and 3 does on Saturday, saw 5 does last night and couldn't shoot a big one without hitting the ones behind them. Got skunked this morning but am waiting patiently now.

Chris0nllyn

The struggle is real. :lol:

Good luck!

Unfortunately, work deadlines have me tied down all week, and I won't be able to go out until Saturday.

I'm hoping firearms season doesn't skunk me like the 1st and 2nd waterfowl split.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Hubby got a 6 pt on Sat evening. Tracked as far as he could then lost the blood trail. Went back out the next morning and found him.

Bonehead

Could have shot six does in the yard this morning....pests ! Knee replacement has me mostly inside otherwise at least one would have been in the freezer.

General Lee

I'm hoping firearms season doesn't skunk me like the 1st and 2nd waterfowl split.

It shouldn't. New this year....you can shoot does from Jan. 11th through March 31st including Sundays. Not sure I want to shoot does so late though as they are carrying young.

Chris0nllyn

It shouldn't. New this year....you can shoot does from Jan. 11th through March 31st including Sundays. Not sure I want to shoot does so late though as they are carrying young.

True, unfortunately that's only for St. Mary's and Charles Counties.

That's the whole point of the late extended season. Thin the herd.

Took my 2 boys out on Saturday for the first time ever. Saw nothing but squirrels and birds. Best day of hunting ever.

Chris0nllyn

I thought I heard that if you have crop damage permits you are required to shoot the young ones also.

Outside of basic requirements, the only stipulation is that you take does. You can only take a buck if his rubs are damaging crops/trees.