Fired officers in Parkland shooting get their jobs back

black dog

Free America
But didn't the Parkland shooter break the law when we went into the school and started mowing people down?

We are both talking about police responding to a call, and acting accordingly to stop the situation.

They under the Federal law they do not have to enter the fray/ move towards the fight.
Some departments have an oath an officer takes that includes entering the fray.
Breaking a oath in the public sector is not against the law.
If LE was there to protect everyone, each of us would have one in our back pocket at all times. The job of protection is our own responsibility.
LE is there to uphold the law after the fact..... Think of it back 150 years ago.
Each county may or may not have a few leo on the payroll. It might be days or weeks before le shows up if they did at all. Its not different now, its just we have allowed le to constantly expand what they do. Its still the same, they have no duty to protect you..... I shake my head everytime I read on the side of a police car, " Protect and Serve " because in reality its not the truth.

black dog

Free America
But didn't the Parkland shooter break the law when we went into the school and started mowing people down?

We are both talking about police responding to a call, and acting accordingly to stop the situation.

Heres a question,Say someone who owns firearms and keeps at least one in the motorhome... Why would he keep a loaded handgun either on his person or easily accessible in the motorhome?

Edited for a Karen......

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Please delete that post.. that's information that doesn't need to be shared about somebody, anybody..

Chris0nllyn

I'm pretty sure that despite you armchair SCOTUS kids cherry picking cases, cops do have a duty to protect the citizenry.

The idea is that police are there for the greater populace and are not tied to any specific individual. Take a look at the background of the cases mentioned and see how well those folks were protected.

To your point, no, they most certainly do not. They can claim it, their dept. can claim it. They can put it on the side of their cars or make it a hashtag. Doesn't change the legal stance that police have no specific duty to protect an individual.

The duty to provide public services is owed to the public at large, and, absent a special relationship between the police and an individual, no specific legal duty exists.
https://law.justia.com/cases/district-of-columbia/court-of-appeals/1981/79-6-3.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If LE was there to protect everyone, each of us would have one in our back pocket at all times.

Retool that talking point. That's like saying if barbers were meant to cut our hair we'd all have one in our back pocket. If teachers were meant to teach, we'd all have our own personal one 24/7.

It probably sounded good in your head, but you didn't really think it through.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Heres a question,
Menello owns firearms and keeps at least one in the motorhome... Why does he keep a loaded handgun either on his person or easily accessible in the motorhome?

??

Monello doesn't keep a loaded handgun in the motorhome or on his person.

You have officially gone round the bend.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Retool that talking point. That's like saying if barbers were meant to cut our hair we'd all have one in our back pocket. If teachers were meant to teach, we'd all have our own personal one 24/7.

No, I think he was right, and you just reinforced his point.

They cannot protect everyone, and in fact have no expectation to protect anyone.

The idea of barber in your back pocket is just as ridiculous as the expectation of having a cop in everyone's front yard.

black dog

Free America

I cant help you understand any simpler that that....
Im not the one here that doesn't understand...
With what you think with LE there to protect you....
I ask,Why do people carry firearms?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You keep rolling that goal post....

WTF are you even talking about? You made a false statement, I corrected it.

Or maybe you, stranger on the internet, do in fact know better than me what goes on in my home with my partner?

black dog

Free America
WTF are you even talking about? You made a false statement, I corrected it.

Or maybe you, stranger on the internet, do in fact know better than me what goes on in my home with my partner?
When you cant defend your side any longer you start moving the goal posts.
You have moved the goal line this entire thread....
Thats what you do. The sh!tty comments come next and then more sh!tty comments and you tap out...

Will99

A bunch of strawmen in your post....I have the paperwork to backup the worthless St Marys Officers and Sheriff...
Its very simple, A leo does NOT have the responsibility to protect anyone....
You to narrow between the ears to understand that?

And since you seem to pay so much attention to me, reading is fundamental....
I live in Free Indiana.......

Another of KooKoos MPD's....
Not worthless... remember the payraise. Worth somethin

Will99

Those are both After the Fact.... They are there to uphold the law.
Its against the law to try to kill yourself and Cletus broke the law when he smacked her...
It's not against the law to try and kill yourself. Put up your b.s. paperwork to show how "worthless" cops are.

Will99

Good try puffer..... Post some of those firearms one of your other MPDs talk about.......
Well, I don't have any mpd's. If someone else dislikes you and thinks your a douche then that's on them. I would imagine as much an internet hero you are, there are likely people in your real life who think your a douche. Unless of course, your so much a puss that you only talk sh*t like that here.

black dog

Free America
Well, I don't have any mpd's. If someone else dislikes you and thinks your a douche then that's on them. I would imagine as much an internet hero you are, there are likely people in your real life who think your a douche. Unless of course, your so much a puss that you only talk sh*t like that here.