First choice possibilities...???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cheney isn't going to run for President. And, if he does, he'll lose.

The two main contenders will be someone who hasn't even occurred to us yet because that's how it always happens: a few people get big press and speculation long before the primaries have even started, then the two who will go on to the general election come out of nowhere.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He'll win...

And, if he does, he'll lose.

...and he'll win BIG.

"Darth Cheney" was supposed to be made to look evil and menacing by Wonderboy Edwards. All the talk aobut Cheney as a negative effectively stopped once he got done putting Sen. Edwards in his place.

Any slick talking Bill Clinton, or Wonderboy Edwards or SuperHill or whoever must, sooner or later, stand on a stage with a man who makes his opponents, once the press blather is done and the debate starts, look like college kids.

He stands out as mature. As a wise elder. As strong. As in charge.

In the dictionary the word 'gravitas' has a picture of him.

somdcrab

Larry Gude said:
...and he'll win BIG.

"Darth Cheney" was supposed to be made to look evil and menacing by Wonderboy Edwards. All the talk aobut Cheney as a negative effectively stopped once he got done putting Sen. Edwards in his place.

Any slick talking Bill Clinton, or Wonderboy Edwards or SuperHill or whoever must, sooner or later, stand on a stage with a man who makes his opponents, once the press blather is done and the debate starts, look like college kids.

He stands out as mature. As a wise elder. As strong. As in charge.

In the dictionary the word 'gravitas' has a picture of him.

:patriot: please let cheney run :killingme :banana: :patriot: "DEMS BACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE 2008 :banana: :patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry, no one's going to vote for a guy with a famously bad ticker. They're just not. I like him, too, but he's got too much going against him.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
Larry, no one's going to vote for a guy with a famously bad ticker. They're just not. I like him, too, but he's got too much going against him.

I'd like a Cheney ticket, but I agree with Vrai on this point. If his VP is seen weak, then his ticket will be extremely weak from the next in line standpoint. I don't think people expect him to live. Also, I imagine this is more talk that won't pan out. I still expect them to milk to Condi wheel for a while. She may just need to be lathered up right... :razz:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If y'all...

...would give a few seconds thought...

If his VP is seen weak, then his ticket will be extremely weak from the next in line standpoint

There is NO heavierweight ticket possible than Cheney/Rice. They both walk on stage, whip out light sabers and leave a bloody mess behind.

Rice picks up blacks and women and eases everyones mind if Dick keels.

What the hell is Hillary gonna say to Dick Cheney?

What the hell is any Dem gonna say to Condi?

somdcrab

Larry Gude said:
I pledged $1,000 bucks if Dean got the nomination.

You gonna help poor Richard out?

Please?

does the GOP accept food stamps :confused: remember i am a poor democrat

otherwise i'm supoatin the :thewave: MIGHTY REV AL SHARPTON :silly: << does kinda look like rev al with the michael jackson touch don't it :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry, I'll bet you $10 that Cheney won't run. And if he does run, double or nothing that he loses.

Deal?

somdcrab

Larry Gude said:
Al?

####. I hadn't thought about that.

Wouldn't that be something? Al and Dick, mano y mano.

:box:

larry just think condi and colin on the right rev al and jesse on the left :confused: i think i'm gonna move to canada :duh:

:killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Larry, I'll bet you $10 that Cheney won't run. And if he does run, double or nothing that he loses.

Deal?
Can I get in on this?

BTW, what ever happened to Giuliani?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Man...

somdcrab said:
larry just think condi and colin on the right rev al and jesse on the left :confused: i think i'm gonna move to canada :duh:

:killingme

Is there any way to get Dean up there to, and maybe Zell? Dig up Bob Dole.

Bob Dole: "Bob Dole sez this is effed up..."