First Covid shot......

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Folks that wanted, and got, their shot already got lucky. I'm on two wait lists, and been checking the SMCHD web site. They update on Friday with new links, this Friday there were no appt available, new list posted at 6pm this evening. I hit it at 6:05, all gone, filled. According to the SMCHD website, much of the allotment that was supposed to come here got re-routed to Baltimore City and Six Flags for the new mass vac sites.

TPD

the poor dad
Folks that wanted, and got, their shot already got lucky. I'm on two wait lists, and been checking the SMCHD web site. They update on Friday with new links, this Friday there were no appt available, new list posted at 6pm this evening. I hit it at 6:05, all gone, filled. According to the SMCHD website, much of the allotment that was supposed to come here got re-routed to Baltimore City and Six Flags for the new mass vac sites.
I think that Is called “equitable access”.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
All of the "lesser" counties had their vaccine allocations reduced drastically to prop up the new mass vacc sites. One problem I found out about yesterday was that there is no in county requirement to get the vaccine. There is an article from WTOP that documents a couple that came down from MoCo and took two spots from St. Mary's County residents because they had not been able to get one in their county.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And now, in addition to "line jumping", there are reports of internet bots being used to scarf up the appointments in other states. Not in this area yet that anyone is aware of, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Bonehead

Not that I am going to get the vaccine but it just displays the me first attitude of today's society...if you can call what we have now a society.

I am hoping every day for that asteroid.

PeoplesElbow

All of the "lesser" counties had their vaccine allocations reduced drastically to prop up the new mass vacc sites. One problem I found out about yesterday was that there is no in county requirement to get the vaccine. There is an article from WTOP that documents a couple that came down from MoCo and took two spots from St. Mary's County residents because they had not been able to get one in their county.
Where you find out about who is eligible? I want to get my mom on the list but she isnt a MD resident, but has been living here with me for over a year.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got an appointment for the 22nd at Hollywood VFD. They were only offering 2 days the 22nd and the 26th, and were filling fast. I woke up from a nap and remembered that they would announce slots today, and on a whim tried and got one.

Yeah, I know... I was on the fence about getting a shot, but my dad's 95th b'day is next month, and I'd really like to see him. There's some scuttlebutt (yet to be confirmed...) from the facility he's in that only vaccinated family members will be allowed visitation. Sounds hokey to me, but if it gets me in....

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Just got an appointment for the 22nd at Hollywood VFD. They were only offering 2 days the 22nd and the 26th, and were filling fast. I woke up from a nap and remembered that they would announce slots today, and on a whim tried and got one.

Yeah, I know... I was on the fence about getting a shot, but my dad's 95th b'day is next month, and I'd really like to see him. There's some scuttlebutt (yet to be confirmed...) from the facility he's in that only vaccinated family members will be allowed visitation. Sounds hokey to me, but if it gets me in....
Good for you. And I really mean that.
Family is very important.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Did the shot itself hurt?
Mommy Dearest got her second shot on Tuesday. She praised the whole operation and said she didn't even feel it. THAT means something when she has no complaints. :roflmao:

She did run a low grade fever and feel achy about a week after the first shot, but she feels it's worth it.

DaSDGuy

As of 5:24 PM, web site shows openings for 1st shots on 24 Feb & 25 Feb for Pfizer vaccine and 4 Mar for Moderna vaccine. Filling fast.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A friend of mine that lives in a fairly rural area in NC was shopping at the nearest Walmart when they announced over the loud speakers that they had a number of injections left after all the appointments had been served....first come, first served. She ended up being second in a line with nobody behind her..LOL... Apparently that location (and probably many like it) cannot keep the vaccine stored...use it or throw it away.