First Ride in a Loooooong Time

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Its a rigid frame with a springer front and a 73 Shovelhead motor and trans. Swapped out those apes for something a bit shorter.

Nice. But that said...looks like my '47 flattie rigid is headed up the road. Stuck with the Road Sofa now...

Nice. But that said...looks like my '47 flattie rigid is headed up the road. Stuck with the Road Sofa now...

harley-chair.jpg

FirstGear

I like this suggestion!

Is anybody else free next Saturday, April 26?

We could meet in the old Woodburns Market parking lot on Solomons Island at 9:30 and then the parking lot of the old Saffron Restaurant in Prince Frederick around 10:15.

This is tempting, but the "Spring fling" in Leonardtown is the next day, I usually take the day before the show to clean my car. Have a great ride, the weather is going to be nice.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'll consult with my L5/S1, but I'm pretty sure riding is off the menu for a little while........

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now thats a nice bike. Have any pics of it? I find myself quickly becoming an older Harley mechanic. And investing in Locktite.

Locktite is a close friend when you own an old Harley. I carry wrenches too. :whistle:

Attachments

• 007-Optimized.jpg
    007-Optimized.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 136

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Locktite is a close friend when you own an old Harley. I carry wrenches too. :whistle:

Some bikes look fast sitting still.

Some bikes look painful just sitting still. :lol:

Gorgeous piece at any rate...However, I always hate how that pipe set up looks like they are on two different planes...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...However, I always hate how that pipe set up looks like they are on two different planes...

Me too. Off the shelf options are few and those were one of them. The front pipe does not fit properly with the foot peg and brake pedal assy I used. Custom pipes is the only thing that can do and that's probably a good $800 or so at least.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Some bikes look fast sitting still.

Some bikes look painful just sitting still. .

And going fast on that one is painful. I've had 'er up to 70 a couple times though. The most pressing issue one faces at that near-supersonic threshold is a vision defecit; the vibration reduces your forward vision to a blur and you have to rely on your peripheral vision to stay between the shoulders.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Me too. Off the shelf options are few and those were one of them. The front pipe does not fit properly with the foot peg and brake pedal assy I used. Custom pipes is the only thing that can do and that's probably a good $800 or so at least.

Ok, but, I see it a lot. What's the deal?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ok, but, I see it a lot. What's the deal?

Beats me. I had almost the exact same pipe "style" (hard to justify calling two short chrome tubes a "style"..whatever) on my '85 Dresser and they were perfectly parallel to each other.

Might be a tolerance thing. Harleys are built to exacting tolerances; everything is the specified dimension, plus/minus at least an inch.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. Whats that rear tire size? It looks like an on road/off road style in the pic. I like it.

I intended to compete with that bike in some Enduro events..maybe a couple dirt track races too. If you drift it just right, you close off the entire track and nobody can get by you.