First time buyer

Blondie76

Originally posted by ceo_pte
Mac & cheese... how about PB & J... That's all given you don't fall unemployed... Then you'd be selling that home... It's very serious though... I see so many of my friends & family make foolish mistakes, just to impress someone else. If you have been blessed and have enough money to go for that big house, GET IT! I'm not happy with the one I have, but at the right time I will take care of that...

I can live off PB&J :wink:, but I don't want to have to. I'm definately not trying to impress ANYONE. I just want something nice that I can afford.

ceo_pte

Originally posted by Blondie76
I can live off PB&J :wink:, but I don't want to have to. I'm definately not trying to impress ANYONE. I just want something nice that I can afford.

you sound smart, i'm sure you will make the right decision.

B

baswm

DC Drive

Definately, so I'm hoping I can find something in a decent neighborhood, for a decent price. (That's not going so well). Does anyone live in St. Mary's or Calvert Co. and work over in DC or VA? What is the drive like? Is it worth it?

I live in Port Republic (Calvert County) and drive into DC every day. It is not too bad unless someone has an accident like today in huntingtown and shuts down 4.

As long as I am on the road no later then 5:30AM, I can drive my 50 miles to work in about and hour or less.

ceo_pte

St. Charles

From the St. Charles area of Waldorf, it's about 40 minutes for me to DC. That's with flowing traffic. One morning it did take me 2 hours, but that was b/c of some problems on rt. 4 and on 295... then everyone pours over onto rt. 5 and it sucks...

Blondie76

Re: St. Charles

Originally posted by ceo_pte
From the St. Charles area of Waldorf, it's about 40 minutes for me to DC. That's with flowing traffic. One morning it did take me 2 hours, but that was b/c of some problems on rt. 4 and on 295... then everyone pours over onto rt. 5 and it sucks...

I live off Post Office Road and drive into Arlington. I leave around 5:30, if traffic is good I can get there in 40 mins or so.

Guesswho3256

Tip #1: You're mortgage company should be able to get you a first-time home buyer deal. Either no money down, little money down, etc.

Tip #2: In order for you to not wind up house poor, subtract about 30K from the amount you were approved for. I don't think anybody can ever afford the amount the mortgage company wants to give them.

Tip #3: When using an online mortgage calculator, be sure that it includes the taxes and insurance. Most calculators only add up the principal and the interest. If the calculator you use doesn't have it, add about $150.00 a month.

Hope this helps.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh! Don't buy a house with a heat pump, especially an older one, unless you want to freeze your hiney off in the winter. Don't go with baseboard heat either, unless you want to end up in the poor house.

My choice is oil heat. :yay: