Fishing Saturday

Caution

So. The Phone rings and a buddy of mine says he wants to go fishing Saturday and this is the last time this year he wants to go before he pulls his boat out of the water. Proceeds to tell me he does not wanna go unless I can go with him.

Umm. Just put me under the pressure why don't ya. :cds:

So here is the Zone Forcast:
Sat: E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Rain...a chance of snow and sleet.

Now I love to go fishing, but I think this guy loves it just a wee bit more than I do. Told him I'll go but wanna stay close to the ramp in case it sucks and I decided to tell him to eff off.

Caution

Caution, where does he keep his boat, what body of water will you be fishing in???

Trailered. Lower Potomac.

That was the zone forecast for the whole lower Potomac but still does not look pretty.

Guess I should clarify. The boat is Generally kept in the water at Tall Timbers but he has out it out of the water for about two months so he could go where the fish are as opposed to waiting for them to come to the boat.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So. The Phone rings and a buddy of mine says he wants to go fishing Saturday and this is the last time this year he wants to go before he pulls his boat out of the water. Proceeds to tell me he does not wanna go unless I can go with him.

Umm. Just put me under the pressure why don't ya. :cds:

So here is the Zone Forcast:
Sat: E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Rain...a chance of snow and sleet.

Now I love to go fishing, but I think this guy loves it just a wee bit more than I do. Told him I'll go but wanna stay close to the ramp in case it sucks and I decided to tell him to eff off.

This didn't hit me as strange until I remembered I was reading the Southern Maryland forums. I love to fish, but sure wouldn't be out on the water with the weather they are predicting.

Caution

This didn't hit me as strange until I remembered I was reading the Southern Maryland forums. I love to fish, but sure wouldn't be out on the water with the weather they are predicting.

We are putting in at Tall TImbers and shooting straight across to Ragged Point so will be good and close to home. I know exactly what is going to happen. He has 2-3 other guys he usually invites and none of them dress for the weather. They will get wet and cold early on. They won't complain but all four of them will be trying to squeeze under the little cover on his 23' Center Console walk around. So four big beer gut men trying to squish into about a 5'x5' area with two mounted seats in 1-2' waves.

I'll be sitting on the back with Insulated Coveralls and a Rain Suit on smoking my cigar. :whistle:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
We are putting in at Tall TImbers and shooting straight across to Ragged Point so will be good and close to home. I know exactly what is going to happen. He has 2-3 other guys he usually invites and none of them dress for the weather. They will get wet and cold early on. They won't complain but all four of them will be trying to squeeze under the little cover on his 23' Center Console walk around. So four big beer gut men trying to squish into about a 5'x5' area with two mounted seats in 1-2' waves.

I'll be sitting on the back with Insulated Coveralls and a Rain Suit on smoking my cigar. :whistle:

Sounds cozy. :killingme

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

5 fat people on a 23 ft. boat?
F that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks guy we get our lures from was supposed to be in that area. Left him a message.

My buddy lives off Flat Iron Road and is not big on answering his phone this late. Won't know till tomorrow. Hope it wasn't him. He has a few years on him.

Good luck.

RPMDAD

Whatever you decide, be safe. Even as late as tomorrow morning and meeting him at the drop in point, if your gut tells you not to go, try to convince him not to go and if not you back out, and tell him you don't think it's safe.

Caution

Whatever you decide, be safe. Even as late as tomorrow morning and meeting him at the drop in point, if your gut tells you not to go, try to convince him not to go and if not you back out, and tell him you don't think it's safe.

I know what is gonna happen. We'll go. Find it sucks then he'll ask me if he can leave his boat at my house and he'll want me to help him Detail his boat and want me to run the buffer over it with some compounds and glazes.

LOL It's all good I would have done it anyway.

But I'll go down in the morning. If I see white caps I am out. And if I don't go I doubt he will.