Caution

Not too bad yet. 4-5 other boats with us

Attachments

• image-3759627211.jpg
    image-3759627211.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 65

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Almost slick up here off Coltons Point, must be no fish out here because I can't see my buddy at Sheephead unless he's at Heron Bar.

Caution

Almost slick up here off Coltons Point, must be no fish out here because I can't see my buddy at Sheephead unless he's at Heron Bar.

Plenty of boats down off ragged with us. Seeing a lot on the scope but they don't like what we are offering. Still at it for now but starting to see a few whitecaps

Caution

No I did not get a pic. He was on a top line and we "think" he may have been along for the ride out there for a while. We did not realize he was on there till we started pulling the gear in. I jumped up front and took over steering the boat while the others took care of the gear so I did not snap a pic and we gave it to one of the other fellas that chipped in for gas. I did not even get a chance to peep around and look at it before they tossed it in the cooler.

Was surprised at how many boats we actually saw today. We stayed off Ragged Point and worked circuits to the south of there. Must have been 40 boats out there working the same area. Marked all kinds of the on the fish finder but they just were not going after our offering. Saw several charter boats netting several and the talk on the radio seemed to indicate they were hitting bucktails pretty well, but we only had enough of those to set up 2 rods.

Started seeing whitecaps a bit before high tide and figured it was going to get worse but it actually calmed down. So we stuck it out till about 1 and by that time had had enough.

LOL And it was just like I said previously in the thread. 3 guys crammed into the little cabin cause they did not dress for it. I am standing in the back with a full rainsuit on just nice and toasty. LOL Even went up on the bow for the ride out and the ride in to help plane it out. Toes got cold once, went below and put on another pair of socks and that took care of that.

Still had a good day giving each other a hard time though. That is what it's all about.

Caution

Hopefully you had a few beers while fishing?

Stupid question.

Actually no. One of the guys with us is a recovering alcoholic so we tend to not drink when he comes. Plus my 16YO son ended up going and I just never got in the habit of drinking around him.

Shutout

Hearty anglers. My son left for the CBBT Thursday night. I haven't heard if they caught anything. Rough fishing out there the last few days I am sure.

Caution

Hearty anglers. My son left for the CBBT Thursday night. I haven't heard if they caught anything. Rough fishing out there the last few days I am sure.

Per the Tidal Fish forum the fishing down there is much better than up here. Might take a bit of work and a bit of changing habits but I think he should have luck on his side.

Up here, at least yesterday, they appeared to be staying deeper than one would normally see. They are there, and plenty of them. Just a bit harder to get to.

Had we seen any decent bird activity we would likely have done some jigging but just did not see many.

Here goes one fishing report from a guy that went down that way Friday.

Fishing Report CBBT Report - Dec 13-14

Last edited:

Shutout

Per the Tidal Fish forum the fishing down there is much better than up here. Might take a bit of work and a bit of changing habits but I think he should have luck on his side.

Up here, at least yesterday, they appeared to be staying deeper than one would normally see. They are there, and plenty of them. Just a bit harder to get to.

Had we seen any decent bird activity we would likely have done some jigging but just did not see many.

Here goes one fishing report from a guy that went down that way Friday.

Fishing Report CBBT Report - Dec 13-14

Thanks for the information. He said they only caught two fish and it was a little cold fishing on a 21' center console. Buy hey they are youngsters, and all of them work outside. They should be able to take it. Here is a pic from last year's trip.

Attachments

• CBBTJustin1.JPG
    CBBTJustin1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Caution

Thanks for the information. He said they only caught two fish and it was a little cold fishing on a 21' center console. Buy hey they are youngsters, and all of them work outside. They should be able to take it.
LOL Ummm Ya I can take it as well. That is why I came home after fishing and ordered about $250.oo worth of new rain gear and a pair of cold temp scuba gloves. I admit it. I am a big arsed WUSS!!!

Last edited: