Five Alabama Policemen Fired Over Beating Video

eddy1

Oh, you are so hardass and droll. Why is this county so full of chickenhawk blowhards? I don't care who you are, you do not punch and unconscious man in the head repeatedly. That's just plain assault.

It appears to me that the officer who got injured did so by jumping out in front of the van at the last second to throw a stop strip...like a moron. Did anyone get the reason for this extreme show of force by Alabama's Finest monkeys? I did. It was a bullsh!t drug stop. No one hurt; nothing stolen; just a bunch of roided up bully boys exercising "exceptional restraint" while chasing a van down a busy highway at top speed and then dogpiling their quarry like a pack of savage playground brats. Land of the free; home of the brave...

I was wondering how long it would take some liberal chickensh$t p*zzy to come on here and blame the cop who got hurt. I watched the video. I saw that the cop was doing his job, putting spike strips down and then attempting to move away when the scumbag dope dealer intentionally swerved to the cop and struck him.

A bulls@t drug stop? Should we just stop enforcing the drug laws? Wait, burglary is a non-violent crime, how about we stop enforcing that? Theft, harrassment, extortion, peeping toms, why enforce any non-violent laws?

As I saw it, I think one person on this forum defended the cops who beat this scumbag. But you want to say "the county so full of chickenhawk blowhards". Big words from someone sitting behind their keyboard.

foodcritic

Like that cop that kicked that one guy in the head, these guys thought they were getting some payback...... instead, they bought this guy a free ride. They gotta think before they act.

The guy who kicked the bad guy in face was perfectly justified. Given the circumstances.

As much as I hate to see these videos. Once the guy was ejected and unconscious the cops should have just cuffed and called for ambulance. I watched the video and one guy sat over him beating him with both fists.

Sadly this undermines the whole police dept. There is no doubt that this was just an impulse because bad guy ran over the officer with the spike strips.

The van deliberately attempted to run over the officer, I have no doubt.

Now I don't see how 5 police officers get fired for beating the guy. Must have been because of some other factors that were investigated.

eddy1

The guy who kicked the bad guy in face was perfectly justified. Given the circumstances.

As much as I hate to see these videos. Once the guy was ejected and unconscious the cops should have just cuffed and called for ambulance. I watched the video and one guy sat over him beating him with both fists.

Sadly this undermines the whole police dept. There is no doubt that this was just an impulse because bad guy ran over the officer with the spike strips.

The van deliberately attempted to run over the officer, I have no doubt.

Now I don't see how 5 police officers get fired for beating the guy. Must have been because of some other factors that were investigated.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying one of the guys in the video in this post was justified in their use of force?

glhs837

Power with Control
Come'on, FC, how was that headkick justified? Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a huge deal, but wasnt needed to subdue that suspect. I've not taken any of the academy course is how to do so, I'm betting "wind up and kick in the head" isnt on the list next to "armlock with the ASP".

As for why the five all got it? Looked liked each took his own shot.
The first guy stared whaling away with his fists, another was kicking, another with a baton. I dont think the van driver actually aimed for the officer placing the stick, was jerking left to avoid the strip, and the cars directly ahead of it. No excuse for him, 20 years is still light, but I dont think he was aiming.

eddy1

Come'on, FC, how was that headkick justified? Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a huge deal, but wasnt needed to subdue that suspect. I've not taken any of the academy course is how to do so, I'm betting "wind up and kick in the head" isnt on the list next to "armlock with the ASP".

As for why the five all got it? Looked liked each took his own shot.
The first guy stared whaling away with his fists, another was kicking, another with a baton. I dont think the van driver actually aimed for the officer placing the stick, was jerking left to avoid the strip, and the cars directly ahead of it. No excuse for him, 20 years is still light, but I dont think he was aiming.

I think he was aiming at getting away from the strip as well, but it was his reckless disregard for the cop that was there which makes me believe he deserves twenty.

I agree with your assesment of the kick not being justified.