Flooding

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We got lucky over here, some debris on the driveway, and the footer holes for the deck are all over flowing but other than that ok (knock on wood).

I want to put a big shout out to the Zoeller Co. and their Basement Sentry Series of battery operated back up sump pumps. Performed flawlessly for 3.5 hrs last night and never stopped or lost power.

redneck_woman

Starting Over
RT. 243 (Newtowne Neck Road)

At the end of this road before the Dash-In is, were the old State Rd. use to be is flooded. Leonardtown (Compton area) is still currently without electric and telephone service is out in the St. Clements Shores area also.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And the rain is STILL coming down. The good news is that tomorrow is supposed to be sunny - I have massive yard cleanup that needs to be done. I feel for the people who REALLY got hit.

My pretty tree next to my side porch is down. :bawl:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Son #2 is Va. Beach and can't reach his family here in Great Mills. I am sure they are just out of power. I am going to buy them a corded phone..:lol:

Pete

Repete
I had a big branch out of one of the 60 foot tall trees in front of my house come down on the roof last night. Luckily it didn't go through, just made a loud noise and rolled off on the ground. Scared Boy though. :lol:

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Holas/Neptunes/Town Creek Marina/whatever you wanna call was sitting under a few inches of water this morning when I came into work. Tide was about 1/4 of the way across the street right in front of it.
I heard that the water was against the building about a foot deep and parts of the pier were floating on the road. Not good :jameo:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Tide has dropped about 4 inch in last few hours. People in the northern prong of Saint Jeromes creek are loosing parts of there dock. I just watched a set of dock steps wash up on the shore line.

kelb

art imitating life
Holas/Neptunes/Town Creek Marina/whatever you wanna call was sitting under a few inches of water this morning when I came into work. Tide was about 1/4 of the way across the street right in front of it.

:really: Ahhhh Karma

C

CalvertNewbie

There is standing water several inches above my pool cover and my driveway is painted with leaves and branches.

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to go outside in this and backwash the pool to drop the water level down. It's level with the patio and garden beds right now. We had a medium sized tree that is down in our front yard but luckily, none of the big trees fell on our house or shed - at least not yet. Wind is still here but not nearly as bad as last night.

My in-laws just left after being here all weekend. What a washout - we were stuck inside most of the weekend except for Mother's Day brunch. :bawl: :cussing: :banghead:

Hessian

High Tide...

Comes rolling in this evening.
Low is mid afternoon (4:30 at Benedict)
High Tide at Solomons (9:30 pm)

Moon does NOT play an excessive factor this time.

Brandywine road was overrun by flooding in thee spots this morning.
(PG still opened on time: idiots)...remember kids, day care is more important than safety!