Flooding

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I agree. I only know two ways to work (Lusby to Alexandria). Rt 4 and 301. If both are closed, I'm not sure what I'll do.

You will do what any sane, normal person would do and call in to let them know that you cannot make it in. Sometimes, you just have to admit defeat, retreat, and live to fight another day.:coffee:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
You will do what any sane, normal person would do and call in to let them know that you cannot make it in. Sometimes, you just have to admit defeat, retreat, and live to fight another day.:coffee:

I think you are right on this one. Just checked WTOP website and although Rt 4 at Waysons Corner was reopened at 9:45pm, looks like access to the WW Bridge is cut off and traffic divereted. Alexandria City Gov't is giving unscheduled leave to employees so I think I'll just stay home and not risk trying to drive in.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I think you are right on this one. Just checked WTOP website and although Rt 4 at Waysons Corner was reopened at 9:45pm, looks like access to the WW Bridge is cut off and traffic divereted. Alexandria City Gov't is giving unscheduled leave to employees so I think I'll just stay home and not risk trying to drive in.

Good choice. Route 4 is shut down again and channel 9 is reporting a sinkhole on 214, my closest go-around. I think I'll be staying home. I refuse to join the insanity.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Good choice. Route 4 is shut down again and channel 9 is reporting a sinkhole on 214, my closest go-around. I think I'll be staying home. I refuse to join the insanity.

:lol: I actually came into work today. Got rerouted onto 214West to the Beltway. Only added about 30 minutes to my commute.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
:lol: I actually came into work today. Got rerouted onto 214West to the Beltway. Only added about 30 minutes to my commute.

:lol: And here I am sitting here thinking that I'll try to go up 2 to route 50 & head to my school that way. Where did you get onto 214? That would be quicker for me.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:lol: And here I am sitting here thinking that I'll try to go up 2 to route 50 & head to my school that way. Where did you get onto 214? That would be quicker for me.

Not sure. :lol: It was south Waysons Corner. Rt 4 is completely blocked off so I had no choice but to follow the detour signs. I suck at alternative routes and just hope that the person in front of me is going in the same general directions that I want to end up going. The detour ended up dropping us off at the Beltway about 2-3 exits further down from Rt 4. I was just happy to actually know where I was finally. :killingme

I will be taking Rt 5 home where at least I know (basically) how to get back home on my own.

asaberan

WTOP is reporting major delays on 4 south of Dunkirk and also on Route 2. This sounds worse than yesterday. After 3 hours plus to work yesterday, I can't imagine today.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
WTOP is reporting major delays on 4 south of Dunkirk and also on Route 2. This sounds worse than yesterday. After 3 hours plus to work yesterday, I can't imagine today.

Thanks. Hubby called to report that WTOP said route 2 was at a dead stop. Boss said to wait a few hours & then try so I'm going to hang out at home a bit longer before jumping into the fray! :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure. :lol: It was south Waysons Corner. Rt 4 is completely blocked off so I had no choice but to follow the detour signs. I suck at alternative routes and just hope that the person in front of me is going in the same general directions that I want to end up going. The detour ended up dropping us off at the Beltway about 2-3 exits further down from Rt 4. I was just happy to actually know where I was finally. :killingme

I will be taking Rt 5 home where at least I know (basically) how to get back home on my own.

Sounds like you went up rt 2 to 214. That's what I took and it sucked. Rt 2 was backed up for miles between the two roundabouts. And one car refused to go any faster than about 35 when traffic could actually flow.

Just as another alternate station, AM 630 WMAL gives traffic reports every 10 minutes on the 5s during rush hours. They come in kind of fuzzy until you get past Chaneyville.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Thanks. Hubby called to report that WTOP said route 2 was at a dead stop. Boss said to wait a few hours & then try so I'm going to hang out at home a bit longer before jumping into the fray! :lol:

I thought it was because of an accident. A cop went whizzing by on the shoulder with his lights on. But when I got up to it, it was only people trying to merge into the second roundabout. People need to learn how to use those things.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sounds like you went up rt 2 to 214. That's what I took and it sucked. Rt 2 was backed up for miles between the two roundabouts. And one car refused to go any faster than about 35 when traffic could actually flow.

Just as another alternate station, AM 630 WMAL gives traffic reports every 10 minutes on the 5s during rush hours. They come in kind of fuzzy until you get past Chaneyville.

I go in early enough that I miss most of the traffic anyway. We were going the speed limit or above the entire way. My normal drive-in is about an hour and 15 minutes. Today it was just under 2 hours.

Y-ASK

Just saw a cell phone picture of what was left of the Allens Fresh Bridge on Rt 234 just before you get to the 301 intersection. Can anyone confirm that Rt 234 is going to be closed for a very long time?

Y-ASK

nomoney

Just saw a cell phone picture of what was left of the Allens Fresh Bridge on Rt 234 just before you get to the 301 intersection. Can anyone confirm that Rt 234 is going to be closed for a very long time?

Y-ASK

Looks like it might be a while.

Attachments

• 234_n.jpg
    234_n.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 48

zigg72md

I needed to go from Saint Leonard to Suitland. I took 231 -> rt5. took me 90 minutes. My normal commute up rt4 takes 50-60.

~mellabella~

Does anyone know if 5 southbound at billingsly is open? My mom is coming back from Virginia tomorrow and I'm trying to find a route to get her home.

Last edited: