flue shot

J

jp2854

did any of you that got the flu shot wake up the next day with a really bad headache and your arm that they gave you the shot in hurting to move?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
My arm is always sore for a day or two. It was worse this year, I think it depends on the person giving the shot and whether you tense up. Headache is also common. Take some advil or tylenol..you'll feel better in a day or two.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
did any of you that got the flu shot wake up the next day with a really bad headache and your arm that they gave you the shot in hurting to move?

anytime they give a shot deep IM .... ANYWHERE... you will hurt there. Just think how your animals feel when they get their shots and it does not go SQ and goes IM

good excuse to curl up in bed all day!!! :yay:

J

jp2854

yah i know its a great excuse but it wont go over well with the dog as she wants to go out and play and I am like maybe later today babygirl as a matter of act shes sitting here whining because I won't get up.

I already took soome tylenol lets hope that starts to work soon so I can feel like a human again.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
yah i know its a great excuse but it wont go over well with the dog as she wants to go out and play and I am like maybe later today babygirl as a matter of act shes sitting here whining because I won't get up.

I already took soome tylenol lets hope that starts to work soon so I can feel like a human again.

Take the dog out to play...the more you move it, the better it will feel. :yay:

J

jp2854

i will take her out to play once i get a delivery we are expecting and I get dressed as right now i feel completely lazy and don't want to do anything at all.

mdsmile44

OMYGAWD! Did my head hurt the next day. I had to leave work at 1:30 and go home. Nothing helped.....arm never hurt.

Absolutely! My arm hurt like hell and it felt like my head was going to explode :frown: It only lasted several hours though, I took a nap and felt better.

J

jp2854

well i just ate some chocolate thinking that would cure it (NOT) now i feel like umm u know. I got permisson to take today off so I might just take a lazy day and do much of nothing.

navigator

List Of Components Of Glaxo H1N1 Vaccine

BIOLOGICAL INDEX

chicken embryos (eggs)
influenza virus, H5N1
virus culture

CHEMICAL INDEX
alpha - tocopherol-to help absorb Vitamin E
aluminum adjuvant - Alzheimer's KEY Ingredient - 100% B.A.D.

AS03 adjuvant

Daronrix - experimental bird-flu vaccine

disodium phosphate - food preservative

formaldehyde - you know, for DEAD people- SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

magnesium chloride - "Salt"

octoxynol 10 - Tumor promoter-dependent phosphorylation

polysorbate 80 -induced persistent vaginal oestrus

potassium chloride - metal halide salt

potassium dihydrogen phosphate - salt which is used as a fertilizer

sodium chloride - table salt

sodium deoxycholate - secondary bile acid

squalene - adjuvant known to cause a host of debilitating autoimmune diseases

vitamin E

thiomersal (thimerosol) - MERCURY 100% DEADLY SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

Hoover

First its the FLU shot - second its a live virus - live - which means its the flu in a tube!!! Until you body re-creates the antibodies needed to fight the virus you will feel a little flu-ish. Take some tylenol or motrin for a few days. The injection site may itch - not uncommon. If you bruise or swell that could be a reaction and I would call my doctor. The flu shots are Subcutaneous not IM so there should not be any pain or swelling.

OldHillcrestGuy

Oh No, you all are scaring me, I get my shot Tuesday, but Im really not to worried about. Grandaughter 8 years old got her shot at school on Thursday and missed school on Friday and is still a bit under the weather today.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
First its the FLU shot - second its a live virus - live - which means its the flu in a tube!!! Until you body re-creates the antibodies needed to fight the virus you will feel a little flu-ish. Take some tylenol or motrin for a few days. The injection site may itch - not uncommon. If you bruise or swell that could be a reaction and I would call my doctor. The flu shots are Subcutaneous not IM so there should not be any pain or swelling.

The annual flu shot is not a live virus. The one that is put into the nose is a weakened live virus.

The swine flu contains a live virus.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I got one. Little sore in the area, but I lifted a 2 pound weight a couple times and all is well.

BuckinRut

This is all just weird, I had mine and only had a little itching. I never experienced anything after that. :confused:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
18 month old had the Seasonal Flu shot last Wednesday. She was bouncing off the walls all day. Normal self, didn't seemed bothered by the shot.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

The annual flu shot is not a live virus. The one that is put into the nose is a weakened live virus.

The swine flu contains a live virus.

CDC: First Swine Flu Vaccine May be Nasal Spray | Firstcoastnews.com | News

Flu shots are made of killed influenza virus, while FluMist is a live but weakened strain. The nasal spray is only approved in the United States, and is made by the Maryland-based MedImmune, an AstraZeneca PLC subsidiary. Four other companies are making flu shots for the U.S

J

jp2854

i know i corrected myself in my post. errors happen nobodies perfect.