flue shot

C

CalvertNewbie

18 month old had the Seasonal Flu shot last Wednesday. She was bouncing off the walls all day. Normal self, didn't seemed bothered by the shot.

My son recently got a flu shot at his 6 month appointment. Luckily, he had no reaction.

I've never gotten one because I rarely get sick & I always heard that the shot causes flu-like symptoms. The pediatrician told hubby & I to get one this year because of the baby. Guess I should get moving on that. Hubby's job is offering them there otherwise I'd probably have to drag him.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
My son recently got a flu shot at his 6 month appointment. Luckily, he had no reaction.

I've never gotten one because I rarely get sick & I always heard that the shot causes flu-like symptoms. The pediatrician told hubby & I to get one this year because of the baby. Guess I should get moving on that. Hubby's job is offering them there otherwise I'd probably have to drag him.

From what I have read about getting the flu shot, you don't get the flu from it, it's just the reaction your body has to getting a shot. :shrug: I've never gotten one either so I don't really know.

I'm glad your son didn't have a reaction to it. He will have to go back for a booster in a few weeks? I know my daughter did last year when she received it for the first time.
I'm still in question about getting the H1N1/Swine Flu shot for her. Hubby and I both said no, then he changed his mind after last weeks appointment and said maybe we should. :jameo:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:shrug:

Attachments

• flushot.jpg
    flushot.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 54
J

jp2854

i know if they offer it for my age bracket i plan on getting it. I don't want the swine flu do you? I think from now on i will get teh flu shot every year too that way i am safe instead of sorry.

C

CalvertNewbie

From what I have read about getting the flu shot, you don't get the flu from it, it's just the reaction your body has to getting a shot. :shrug: I've never gotten one either so I don't really know.

I'm glad your son didn't have a reaction to it. He will have to go back for a booster in a few weeks? I know my daughter did last year when she received it for the first time.
I'm still in question about getting the H1N1/Swine Flu shot for her. Hubby and I both said no, then he changed his mind after last weeks appointment and said maybe we should. :jameo:

Yeah, he goes back for his booster next week. As for the Swine Flu shot, we're not getting it for him or for us this year. Don't feel comfortable with it yet. Maybe next year after I see how it worked out this year.