fooey on liberal leave, they really expect me to go in?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by sleuth14
They just now plowed out my lane to get to the main roads in CRE. I have some work to do at home today, so hopefully my program office will let me charge it to my program and not as leave.

That's why - if you're gonna live in CRE, buy a house on the paved roads.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pilot
That's actually my gripe. I can understand not closing the base, but it really bugs me that we get a few inches of snow and they have a 2 hour delay--then we have a truly major storm and we get virtually nothing.
I think it is a matter of timing on that. After all the base had all day yesterday to prepare the station for today. With the holiday and no workforce the PW trucks should have had a field day and were able to get the job done. Then again as I said I do have a lot of leave, so maybe it just doesn't bother me.

ohstate

Originally posted by Ken King
Liberal leave is an out for the budget of the base. If they can get the roads clear, the parking lots plowed and the entrance ways cleared they are open.

LOL! My office door was frozen shut this morning, and the ice on the ground in front of it prevented it from opening at all. We had to chisel our way in this morning. They never clear the entrace way to our building, or shovel the walkways between the
parking lot and garage.

Of course, I don't have leave to burn, so I have no choice in the matter. Good thing I have 4WD.

Ridunno

I am with Ken.
I have plenty of leave on the books, and just got my Leave and Earning Statement (LES). But I have only 50 some hours to burn this FY.
It is nice to have another day off.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ohstate
LOL! My office door was frozen shut this morning, and the ice on the ground in front of it prevented it from opening at all. We had to chisel our way in this morning. They never clear the entrace way to our building, or shovel the walkways between the
parking lot and garage.
You have a couple of options, talk with your supervisor and make your concerns known and give him a chance to get it fixed, get safety on it, or file an administrative grievance (or negotiated grievance if in a bargaining unit). They are required to have the buildings ready for safe occupancy, which includes the removal of the ice and snow from entrances and the walkways.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
:yeahthat:
Hey Mig! I'm glad that someone was as lazy as I was. But I did make up for it this afternoon. I shoveled snow ~ something I have never done in my life. Just don't laugh at me when walking hunched over tomorrow! :lmao:
Also took the Bug sledding down our hill. That was fun. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
Gee Rose, me too - I did a pretty crappy job if I say so myself.:biggrin:
Actually, most of the drive was plowed by a friend, but we had to shovel around where my truck was parked. I lifted to much and am WAY sore. Even after a pain pill. :bawl:

H

Heretic

If any of you ladies need any help in the showering department feel free to ask for help:biggrin:

Oops I made a mistake, I thought you ment you did a pretty crappy job showering LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Heretic
If any of you ladies need any help in the showering department feel free to ask for help:biggrin:

Oops I made a mistake, I thought you ment you did a pretty crappy job showering LOL.
You ding dong! I didn't have trouble with that!

H

Heretic

Awww man I've never been called a ding dong before....I dont know what to think :frown:

H

Heretic

I dont see a thing perverted about offereing to help a couple hot mamas shower.

Now if you was 80 yeas old and 300lbs that would be perverted

:razz2:

H

Heretic

Originally posted by RoseRed
OK, how about silly goose!?! :biggrin:

I think Ill stick with Ding Dong....actually I think ill put it right above my avatar, its growing on me.

mondoman

Took my first liberal leave day............ just used personal leave and did some shoveling.........on deck..........driveway is 750 feet long ...thank goodness for SUVS........