Football Pool - 2010/11 Divisional Round Play-offs

Rael

Supper's Ready
Four games to determine the winners who will advance to the Championship Round next week.

Same criteria as this past week for picks. All picks must be either posted or pm'd to me by midnight Friday (changes may be made up until the first kick-off, though). No changes for any games will be allowed (Sat or Sun) once the first kick-off begins on Saturday, Jan 15th (around 4:30 p.m.). If you feel like you don't want your opponent to see your picks, pm them to me. If it doesn't matter, you can post them...either way is okay. @homedepot20, you can pm them to softballkid if you like, or post them, either way. I'm just going to post mine.

I know you get this next part, but I'd like to spell it out all the same... (next week's criteria will be different - kicked up a notch...)

Each of the four lines in the attachment show two things:
- the line (or point spread) for that game
- the total points which the Vegas point setters determined will likely be scored in that game

You have 8 initial choices* to make
- a team pick for each game based upon the spread (4 total)
- whether the total points scored will be "over or under" the listed total points for each game (4 total). Any pushes will be zero points for both contenders.

*After making your eight picks, assign your confidence weights to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 must all be assigned. Adding them up, this equates to 36 possible points for you this week.

All I need from you is your team picks, your overs/unders, and the weight you assigned to each.

2010 11 Divisional Round Lines.jpg

Good luck, all.

And again, don't forget the color commentary which begins at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday right here on SoMD.com. :buddies:

SoMD Color Commentary.jpg

R

retiredweaxman

RAEL - picks sent via PM...

I have to admit, this is by far is the toughest week yet this year.

R

retiredweaxman

THURLEY - though you are a Steelers fan, good luck this weekend to both you and your team. Once you have either posted your picks or sent them to RAEL, I will post my picks for comparison. No, you don't have to worry about me changing my mind...I figure it is a crapshoot anyway (just look at the Sea Chickens from last weekend).

thurley42

HY;FR
THURLEY - though you are a Browns fan, good luck this weekend to both you and your team. Once you have either posted your picks or sent them to RAEL, I will post my picks for comparison. No, you don't have to worry about me changing my mind...I figure it is a crapshoot anyway (just look at the Sea Chickens from last weekend).

fixed.....

Good Luck to you as well...I'll post mine probably Thursday...it's too early for me to make up my mind....:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Here's the divisional round bracket (who's playing against whom) this week. You'll notice the score in parenthesis is the individual's season total score, and the smaller number is the playoffs' total cumulative score.

2010 11 Divisional Round bracket.jpg

The playoffs' total cumulative score is the first tiebreaker (after who wins by this week's score alone). I sure hope FireBrand and puggymom have a clear winner this week, or it'll be a flip of the coin. :lol: They both have 172 regular season points, and an equal number of fivers all year.

Or maybe FireBrand and puggymom can both come up with a fun, creative tiebreaker that works before next week (should you be in a tie). :shrug: Ideas R Us here. :buddies:

Side note: Since so far everyone is pm-ing picks, let me just ask everyone to do that as well. A smaller number of competitors makes it more ideally suited for pm-ing.

No hurry for picks, Friday midnight is still a few days away. And you can change your picks right up until the first Saturday kick-off (just like last week). :yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
Good luck to everyone, especially retired....I analyzed and read to death and still feel horrible about my picks....it's that kind of year, plus the rivalries are just too close to call so it's def anyones guess what happens.....:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Good luck to everyone, especially retired....I analyzed and read to death and still feel horrible about my picks....it's that kind of year, plus the rivalries are just too close to call so it's def anyones guess what happens.....:buddies:
You're tellin' me (on the too close to call/anyone's guess). Every time I picked the Ravens (then looked at it later), I switched (and vice versa). Finally said enough is enough. :lol:
Sent my picks as well

Tie Breaker---maybe pick an NBA or NHL game winner?
Whatever works for your both will be okay with me (even if it's necessary). By the first look at your picks, it hopefully shouldn't be a factor, though! :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Thanks for the picks, everyone.

You can change them up (by pm-ing me or posting) until kick-off of the first game tomorrow. I wanted to give you time to digest your competitor's picks against yours. Gives you time for a little smack talk or razzin' each other. :lol:

They're all interesting matches. :yay:

Wishin' everyone the best of luck. :buddies:

2010 11 Divisional Round Picks.jpg

R

retiredweaxman

THURLEY - there are 2 games that will define our match up...the RAVENS/STEELERS and SEAHAWKS/BEARS as you and I bet all 4 choices differently. If either of us hits all 4 of the choices, it will be impossible for the other to catch up.

Best of luck!!! As has been noted by a few players, the majority of games can go either way....with that in mind, may the "luckiest" and most prepared player win....

Rael

Supper's Ready
Rael , Picks sent PM

Our competition this week may very well be decided in the first game (or maybe even early in Game 2). Game 3 is N/A since we picked the same for the team and the O/U, and there's only a three point differential for any outcomes in Game 4.

Good luck. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
You got your wish....

:yeahthat:

Also, you and thurley42 will still be close after Game 2. If Pack wins, it's thurley42 with 14 and you with 13 (with two more games to go AND an enormous difference in picks for both game 3 and 4). :buddies:

Also, game TWO is an OVER game. :yahoo: