Football Pool - 2010/11 Divisional Round Play-offs

homedepot20

Congradulations Rael ,:cheers: It looks like you will be advancing to Conference Game . You deserve it . :buddies:Thanks for the great job you did posting this event all year and see you next season (If they play).:whistle: Now it's on to SOMD Nascar where I hope to dethone the "Champ" DipStick:yahoo:

R

retiredweaxman

:yeahthat:

Also, you and thurley42 will still be close after Game 2. If Pack wins, it's thurley42 with 14 and you with 13 (with two more games to go AND an enormous difference in picks for both game 3 and 4). :buddies:

Also, game TWO is an OVER game. :yahoo:

Tis true RAEL....THURLEY 14-13 so far...

The way I see it, if either THURLEY or I sweep the SEAHAWKS/BEARS game (get both picks correct), then we will have an insurmountable lead going into game 4.

THURLEY 14 plus 10 for game 3 = 24 points. I have 13 with only 7 in play in game 4.
RETIRED 13 plus 15 for game 3 = 28 points. THURLEY has 14 with only 7 in play in game 4.

If we split game 3, it is anyone's ball game going into game 4. C'mon BEARS and over!!!!

Rael

Supper's Ready
Congradulations Rael ,:cheers: It looks like you will be advancing to Conference Game . You deserve it . :buddies:Thanks for the great job you did posting this event all year and see you next season (If they play).:whistle: Now it's on to SOMD Nascar where I hope to dethone the "Champ" DipStick:yahoo:
Thank you, you had a good run at the end there. It was fun for me as well. Good luck on the NASCAR. :buddies:

I was just putting together the layout for today, so here's what we have going into the second half of the divisional round:

- Tight match between thurley42 and retiredweaxman (though weax is slightly advantaged with 9 out of 16 possible winning combinations. No game or scenarios in particular seem to apply here, since their picks differ so greatly. Not the case in the other two matchups.

- FireBrand and puggymom. puggymom is clearly advantaged after the first two games having a 75% chance of advancing (12 of 16 scenarios favor her). FireBrand needs the Seahawks to beat the spread AND that game must score over 40 total points. All other combinations favor puggymom (including two scenarios when FireBrand and puggymom both end with the same number of points, in which case the win would go to puggymom for having more cumulative playoff points).

- donbarzini and clevalley. clevalley favored 62.5% to 37.5% for donbarzini (having 10 out of 16 combinations in his winning column) going into game 3, including two "same points" scenarios, which clevalley would win also from having more cumulative playoff points. donbarzini needs a few things, either:
-- the Seahawks to beat the spread AND this game must score under 40 total points
OR
-- the Bears to win game three AND the total points scored in game three to be under 40 points AND the game four total points to be 46 points or more.

homedepot20 vs. Rael. What can I say? :dingding:
:diva:

:lol:

Good luck today, all. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Tis true RAEL....THURLEY 14-13 so far...

The way I see it, if either THURLEY or I sweep the SEAHAWKS/BEARS game (get both picks correct), then we will have an insurmountable lead going into game 4.

THURLEY 14 plus 10 for game 3 = 24 points. I have 13 with only 7 in play in game 4.
RETIRED 13 plus 15 for game 3 = 28 points. THURLEY has 14 with only 7 in play in game 4.

If we split game 3, it is anyone's ball game going into game 4. C'mon BEARS and over!!!!

I couldn't go into too much detail on yours and thurley's (there were too many scenarios!) :lol:

R

retiredweaxman

I am hoping for a SEATTLE score...21-0 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. If it continues this way, I see the BEARS taking the foot off the pedal in the 2nd half and keeping the over/under under 40. I mean, does anyone really see Da BEARS running up the score 41-0???

However, if SEATTLE can score a TD, I do see a 34-7 scoreline being achievable...

thurley42

HY;FR
Man...you guys wake up too early....lol

I woke up to this atrocity of a score....I did lay awake last night thinking I lost over this game.....ugh....:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I am hoping for a SEATTLE score...21-0 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. If it continues this way, I see the BEARS taking the foot off the pedal in the 2nd half and keeping the over/under under 40. I mean, does anyone really see Da BEARS running up the score 41-0???

However, if SEATTLE can score a TD, I do see a 34-7 scoreline being achievable...

Man...you guys wake up too early....lol

I woke up to this atrocity of a score....I did lay awake last night thinking I lost over this game.....ugh....:buddies:

If the Bears beat the line, there's only one scenario where thurley42 takes the win and advances (Bears Under and Patriots Under, by my numbers). Still a second half left, though.

This is great January football (snow, 22 degrees), I'm lovin' this. :yay:

:buddies:

R

retiredweaxman

:lol: :yeahthat:

Looks a little too far-stretched for the Seahawks to come within 10 points with less than 3 minutes to go.

Seachickens damned near did it!!! Had they gone for 2 on that last TD vice getting the extra point, it would have made the spread 10 vice 11...

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Congrats to puggymom !, go get 'em !
Cheers to all of the good sports who have played here this year :cheers:
and
a Special thanks to Rael and his endless hours of dedication.
:buddies:

thurley42

HY;FR
Seachickens damned near did it!!! Had they gone for 2 on that last TD vice getting the extra point, it would have made the spread 10 vice 11...

:buddies: I know right.....Damn you Seahawks!

Well you have knocked off the top 2 scorers in consecutive weeks....please win so I can at least take comfort in the fact the champ beat me...

Rael

Supper's Ready
The last game won't make a difference. I'm toast. Wellp, see ya next season. Kick some ass Clevalley.

You're a consistent, strong picker in this pool, db. You stayed on top of the division pretty much all year. Thanks for being a part of it and staying with it. :buddies:

R

retiredweaxman

:buddies: I know right.....Damn you Seahawks!

Well you have knocked off the top 2 scorers in consecutive weeks....please win so I can at least take comfort in the fact the champ beat me...

Thanks THURLEY - I will see what I can do...

Rael

Supper's Ready
Congrats to retiredweaxman, puggymom, and clevalley for advancing to the Championship Round. I'm glad to be in this final four as well. :buddies:

Will try to get something out soon to let you know what this round will be for picks, it will be different (more detailed for tiebreakers) than these last two weeks (see the initial playoffs thread, I kinda spelled some of it out there). You'll have plenty of time to make your picks. Once I get the lines and overs/unders, I'll post them.

More to follow...

a Special thanks to Rael and his endless hours of dedication.:buddies:

I agree with FB; Rael, you have done a phenominal job this year and I for one greatly appreciate it. :huggy:

The last game won't make a difference. I'm toast. Wellp, see ya next season. Kick some ass Clevalley.

I will try. I was in this position last year and BS Gal beat me out (actually, waxed the floor with my ass) to go on to the Super Bowl. :lol: Good times...

Congrats to retiredweaxman, puggymom, and clevalley for advancing to the Championship Round. I'm glad to be in this final four as well. :buddies:

Will try to get something out soon to let you know what this round will be for picks, it will be different (more detailed for tiebreakers) than these last two weeks (see the initial playoffs thread, I kinda spelled some of it out there). You'll have plenty of time to make your picks. Once I get the lines and overs/unders, I'll post them.

More to follow...

Thanks again! :buddies:

R

retiredweaxman

More to follow...

Thanks RAEL!!!!

THURLEY - not sure if I can make it to the Finals or not...please allow me to try and make you feel a little better...not trying to rub salt in an open wound...please do not read it that way...but all I missed this weekend was my one pointer (dog gone Ravens). I know I will not do that again - so you can blame it on "blind sh!t house" luck on my part.